Chapter four

As I walked into Damon's room, I noticed it looks like an office/library. Brown walls, bookshelfs on every wall, big pictures on the remaining spaces. I then saw that Damon was on the phone with someone. Wait, we have phones here? Anyway, I could hear him but not what he was saying. I cleared my thoart and he very quickly hung up. Obviously he didn't want me to hear as he turned to face me.

"Hey, Damon." I said. He smiled at me and walked toward me. He set the phone down on his desk and motioned for me to sit in one of his chairs.

"Hey, Lynn, Lets's get started." He said. I nodded and waited for him to start. I was a little nervious about the 'Grieving Process.' I watched Damon carefully as he sat down in his chair. 

"Alright, take my hand." was all he said. I just looked at him. "Don't worry. Just take my hand." I hesitated but then I gave in and took his hand. Suddenly, everything is white and I can't see anything. I close my eyes and when I open them again, we are now in the woods. I look around and realize where we are.

"This is the woods behind my mother's house." I said. I looked at Damon and he nodded. He then looked off to the side and there laying at the bottem of the hill on which we were standing, was my body. I gasped as I put my hand to my mouth. I had to turn away. It was too horrible. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I turned back to Damon.

"This is what you call the "Grieving Process"? Are you serious? What's that going to do besides make me hurl?" I asked. He shook his head. Suddenly, I heard something that made my blood freeze in my veins.

"That isn't part of the grieving process. That is." He answered. Suddenly, I heard it again. I turned.

"EMMALYNN! EMMALYNN EVERETT!"