Chapter ten

"You handled that very well, Lynn." Damon said as we got back to his room. I smiled when I realized that I did handle that very well. I knew that it was hard to see my dad like that, but it was important. I needed to do that. I needed to say goodbye to my dad. It was hard, but I did it. I really did.

"Yeah, I did. Um, did you want me to see anything else today?" I asked. He smiled and shook his head.

"No, you can go back to your room or you can go meet the other kids." He answered. I smiled and nodded. I walked into my room with a smile on my face and realized that I feel a little better than I did this morning when I woke up. I went for my closet and changed into a black shirt and blue jeans. I pulled my hair down and began to brush it. I pulled it back with some clips and sat at my desk. I have everything that I need to write my plays. It was great. I smiled as I began to write one. I wrote for what felt like days.

Hours passed and there was a knock on my door. I walked over expecting it to be Damon or Andy, but it wasn't. It was another boy around seventeen, eighteen years old.

"Hi, may I help you with something?" I asked politely with a smile on my face. He nodded and smiled.

"Yes, may I come in?" He asked. I nodded and motioned for him to come in. He was handsome with his black hair and green eyes. He had a white collared shirt on with a pair of black jeans. I pulled a chair over for him to sit and he smiled as I sat on my bed.

"Hi, Lynn, My name is Jax. I am assigned to come and see how our newest children are coping with their deaths. We first assign you an angel and then we come and see you and ask a few questions. Is that okay?" He explained. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, that's fine. What'd you want to know?" I asked. He had a clipboard with him and he began to read whatever was on it. I patiently waited for him to ask his first question.

"Okay, You're name is Emmalynn Everett. Correct?" I nodded. "Okay, you died from exposure after hitting your head?" I nodded again. "Okay, did Damon, your angel tell you if it was an accident or God's will?" I thought about it.

"Um, that I can remember no. I think it was an accident though. But he never told me anything that I can recall." I answered. Jax nodded and wrote something down.

"Okay. How are you dealing? With your death that is?" He asked.

"Um, I'm doing okay. I am doing better than before. Seeing my dad today really helped. I think it's just going to take some time. That's all. But I am dealing with this as best I can." I said. Jax nodded and smiled this time so I think he liked my answer.

"Okay, here is a question I was requested to ask you, Damon has a history of um...finding....unusual ways of helping his children cope. Has he done that with you? Shown you something that was odd or not inappropriate but not necessary?" He suddenly asked. I was take aback by this question.

"Um, yeah. He took me to see my boyfriend after he took some antidepressants to kill himself. But he said he knew I could help. Also it did help me with knowing that my boyfriend would move on with his life. Is that what you mean?" I asked. Jax nodded again.

"Yes it is. Damon is known to shown things that a child should not be subjected to. Also he has been known to go into someone else's business and get in the way. That is all the questions I have for now. I may come back if more come up." He explained. I smiled. "And if Damon does proceed to act weird or show you odd things please let me know." He finished. I stood up and walked him to the door.

"Yes, I'll be sure to do that. Bye." I said. He said goodbye and left. I can't believe that. Damon as done something like that in the past? That is so weird. I just shrugged it off and opened my door and went to meet the other children.

I walked over to the kids and saw that there was video games so I went over there and started to play. After a while I got bored and stood up to walked away. Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, smiling. Infront of me was a boy no older than fourteen and he was tall with really short blonde hair and glasses. He was really skinny and you could tell he was picked on a lot.

"Don't worry about it. You didn't see me, I understand." He said nicely as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Nathan."

"Lynn. Nice to meet you."

"If you don't mind my asking, how'd you get here?" He asked me. I laughed a little and nodded once.

"I uh, I slipped and hit my head. They said that I died from exposure. You?" I asked nicely.

"Um, I was bullied for most of middle school and most of my freshman year. And one day toward the end of freshman year, these two kids were pushing me around, I turned and they hit me just right on the back of my head and they cracked my skull in three different places. I died from blunt forced trama." He answered. Wow, that must suck and his poor mother.

"I'm so sorry." I said, not thinking.

"No, it's okay. I don't believe in dwelling on something. It just drives you nuts and causes unnessicary pain. I am sorry for you though. I mean you're pretty new, so I know that you must have just died. Has your family even had your funerial yet?" He asked, playfully.

"Not yet." I said laughing. We played laughed for a minute and I realized I just made my first friend here in Heaven. I liked Nathan. He was happy given how his life was. I liked that about him. He was a nice guy. We then spent the next few hours just talking and getting to know one another. I was starting to like it here.