.3.

denkis pov

"are you not aware of his current mental state?"

i shook my head. "no. is it..bad?" 

aizawa sensei just placed a hand on my shoulder and replied in monotone, "it's not my place to tell you, sorry kid. if you want to know how he's doing, you'd have to ask him, or just read between the lines. other than that, because of confidentiality, i can't help."

so it is bad..

"okay, sensei." i said. i couldn't think of anything else to say or do, but i stood there and waited for him to either carry on talking or go back to the class.

"i don't usually do this but.." his face looked unsure on what he was about to do but he said it anyway, "if you want to, that is, you can leave class for the rest of the day - only for today - and go check up on todoroki. does that sound okay? i would do it but i have to teach."

"yeah, sure." i got no response other than a nod. 

getting permission, i walked into the classroom and back out after retrieving my bag. in the class, i received a few stares but i just smiled and put my thumbs up, shrugging them off and then proceeding to walk to the dorms once sensei got inside the class.

the sun was bright and getting in my eyes, so i had to squint to see correctly as i walked into the building. i walked into the empty elevator, too tired to take the stairs, and pushed for todorokis floor. i exited the machine and stood in the also empty hallway. it was so quiet. so quiet, except for the faint sound of water running and the sound of rustling through cabinets. 'that must be todoroki,' i thought, heading to his door, knocking on it.

"who is it." he replied - voice void of any emotion.

"it's me, bro! sensei said i had the rest of the day off, how cool is that?" i wasn't going to tell him that aizawa told me to check up on him just yet, it might make him close up and feel bad.

"how nice. why are you at my room, though?" he asked, still from behind the wood of the door.

"i wanted to see you, is that okay? i was thinking we could hang out - spend some time together. do you wanna go anywhere?" i smiled even if he couldn't see it.

"no."

"..no..you don't wanna hang out? or-"

"no, i do! ..i do want to see you, but i don't wanna go anywhere." he cleared.

"oh okay, i got worried for a second." i laughed, "so are you gonna open the door or are we gonna speak to each other like this?"

"sorry- let me clean up first." 

his footsteps fumbled throughout the room as he 'cleaned up', and then got progressively louder as he came towards my direction and opened the door. "come in." he gestured to the inside of the dorm.

i smiled and headed inside. 

"is it okay if i sit on your bed?" i asked.

todorokis face contorted slightly with what looked to be anxiety, but it went away with a blink of an eye.

"actually, my bed isn't made, so could you sit on my desk chair?" he looked like he felt bad for not letting me, but i sat on the chair anyway.

"thanks.." he said, sitting on the floor, opposite the chair that i sat on, leaning on the bed.

we sat in comfortable silence for a while before i spoke.

"...so.. how's your head? are you feeling any better?"