.1.

denki's pov

todoroki has been acting strange recently. he just looks more distant - more alone. he doesn't seem like himself. even though he was never really a people person as such, he seems more closed off than usual. 

anyone with eyes could see that something was up. something definitely wasn't right. and a few classmates such as midoriya, uraraka and iida had tried to get him to talk to them about it before class started to no avail. he just sat at his desk staring blankly into thin air. 

"i'm fine." he said, offering nothing else for an answer. 

it took a while but the three questioning him finally sat in their seats and waited for aizawa sensei to wake up as we talked amongst ourselves. eventually he did, crawling out of his cocoon-like sleeping bag. he stood up, walking over to the chalk board.

"everyone shut up," he yawned, glaring slightly at all of us, "we have a test on how far you've all came in your hero training in around a month, so we're going to be revising on the safety of the citizens today." 

a couple kids groaned, obviously bored, but nevertheless they listened to sensei rant on about protecting anyone you're able to, no matter the situation. and how it was vital to take care of the other heros too whilst fighting. 

i already knew all of this so i just sort of zoned out, still picking out little pieces of information from his words. it seemed he was finished speaking because he went silent for a minute. i looked up just in case he had asked me a question and i didn't hear it, but it turned out he was looking at todoroki instead. 

i watched as our teacher walked up to his desk and kneel down next to him. he seemed to whisper something but it didn't look like todoroki heard it, or if he did he just didn't reply. instead, he stood up and left the classroom. i was surprised as he had never left in the middle of class before, but sensei was fine with the situation, walking back to the chalk board, continuing the lesson.

again, i tried to pay attention, but my mind just wouldn't cooperate. i just kept thinking about random things. not necessarily bad things, just thoughts. and before i knew it, class was over.

i dragged my bag onto my back to walk to lunch, hoping to see jirou. i had recently started liking her a little, though i would never admit it out loud because i know she doesn't like me back  - which is completely fine, it just makes me feel a bit sad sometimes.. 

i felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, "cheer up, bro!" i turned my face to see a brightly smiling kirishima, "you don't know that she doesn't like you back!"

it was as if he could read my mind.. "how did-"

"you were mumbling about her. i overheard, sorry for listening in!" he smiled even brighter, i guess trying to comfort me.

i laughed quietly, "dude, i'm not upset. if anything i'm hungry." i placed a hand on my stomach, rubbing it for effect.

"how convenient, so am i! now let's go to the cafeteria." he chuckled, waking us to out of the room and into the said cafeteria. 

i sat down on the table that held mina, sero and bakugou, with kirishima following. we pulled out our lunchboxes, beginning to eat our food. i felt really satisfied after my meal, it really hit the spot. i sat back in my chair, sighing happily.

"hey, did you guys see todoroki today?" i overheard chatter from another table, ignoring the conversations on my own.

"yeah dude, he looked so out of it. i wonder whats wrong.."

"whatever it is, it's bad. almost nothing disturbs his hero training, but look at how far he has fallen behind! he is forth best in class 1a! he used to be second."