Chapter 14

Caitlin's alarm rang, awaking her from her sleep. She dreaded going into work. Everyday had been the same for the past few days, she would try to ignore Barry for the sake of Iris, she would fail and they end up having sex in the med bay, unbeknownst to Cisco then they would pretend that it never happened. Caitlin felt bad for betraying Iris and so did Barry but he loved Caitlin and he just couldn't keep away.
Caitlin rolled out of bed and dressed for the day in a casual outfit, hoping that Barry wouldn't notice her.

Caitlin strolled into the lab, her bag in hand.
"Good morning Caitlin" Cisco smiled.
"Morning" Caitlin said weakly.
"Morning everyone" Barry smiled as he flashed into the lab.
"Morning Barry" Cisco smiled, but Caitlin didn't answer. Awkward silence fell upon them.
Suddenly, Nora flashed into the cortex.
"NORA!" Barry cried running to her side.
"I'm...vanishing" Nora breathed out from her spot on the floor.
"What? Why?" Barry questioned "Cait, help her" Barry cried. Caitlin grabbed her med kit and ran to Nora, kneeling beside her.
"You can't help me... I'm fading...the future has changed...take care of him" Nora said finally looking at Caitlin. Caitlin looked at Barry and nodded.
"I will" Caitlin agreed.
"Good...good bye dad" Nora said breathing out as the rest of her body faded away.
Everyone stood frozen in place staring at the spot where Nora once was.
"She's gone, just like that?" Cisco said in disbelief.
"There was nothing I could do. There's no cure for fading away" Caitlin said looking at Barry.
"The future changed, she vanished. She's gone" Barry said, staring at the spot on the floor.
"What changed?" Caitlin asked casting a glance at Barry.
"Who knows" Barry said standing up and leaving the room.

Barry paced the floor in the pipeline as Caitlin walked in.
"Barry. I'm sorry she died" Caitlin said remorsefully.
"The future changed Caitlin. It's all my fault" he frowned, finally standing still.
"If that was the case she would've vanished when our relationship began, but she didn't" Caitlin explained, taking a seat. Barry took a seat next to her.
"Nora told me that in the future Iris and I get divorced and we get married. That's why she was cautious of you at first" Barry explained.
"She probably blamed me for your divorce" Caitlin said.
"If our relationship didn't alter the future what did?" Barry asked out loud.
"I guess we'll never know" Caitlin said weakly smiling at him. Caitlin watched as Barry's eyes switched from looking at hers to looking at her lips. He leant in towards her but Caitlin placed a hand on his chest stopping him.
"Barry. We can't keep doing this" she frowned.
"Cait, I like you. A lot. We have so much in common and Nora vanishing proves that the future can change. The article that Gideon showed us can be changed and I want you in my future. That won't change" Barry admitted.
"Are you sure?" Caitlin asked. Barry smiled at Caitlin pulling her in for a kiss.
Cisco entered the room and froze at the sight before him. Caitlin and Barry were wrapped in each others arms, kissing passionately.
"Ermm. Guys?" Cisco said loudly, making the pair spring apart. Caitlin and Barry looked at Cisco, then each other. Their embarrassment evident on their faces.