Apricus 13-15

~SOTD:- What You Waiting For by Somi~
________________________________________________________

Jiwon and Lacy realized they had reached somewhere. It looked like an old graveyard that looked like no one has been buried for ages.
"Why does this graveyard look like the spirits of the people buried here are dead?" said Jiwon.
"I don't know, this place sure looks....dead," said Lacy who agrees that everything here was dead.
"Even the plants! The weather here changes, so an average amount of rainfall and sunlight can be expected within 75% which the plants can absorb from carbon dioxide, sunlight, water, and chlorophyll. As a result, this place should be filled with floral paths. And also almost all plants should have been eukaryotic and multicellular. At least 75% of the plants should be mesophytes, 20% of hydrophytes while 2% should be xerophytes, and 3% of fungus. What's up with this place?" said Lacy sighing.
Jiwon did not understand any explanation Lacy stated.
"Yeah, keep your botany biology to yourself," mumbled Jiwon.

They found a small house that seemed to be very old and wrecked. Since there was no sign of human civilization in the place and the only shelter they could find was the old worn house, they decided to stay there.
"Oh! This place stinks!" said Jiwon as they entered the house.
"It smells like dead rats and nitrogenous wastes here!" said Lacy.
"What are nitrogenous wastes?" asked Jiwon.
"Oh, you know, pee and whatever your body outputs unwanted wastes," said Lacy.
"I wonder HOW WE are gonna survive this unpleasant smell!" said Jiwon who thought sleeping in the open would be better than sleeping under the roof which smelled nauseous.
"Maybe the 6 dollar perfume would help!" said Lacy and took out the perfume.
"Oh my god! Did you buy perfume for 6 dollars which will be enough for at least 10 years? The bottle is big!" said Jiwon as she saw the perfume would weigh at least 100ml.
"Yeah! That's smart, isn't it?" said Lacy, spraying perfume all over the house.
Jiwon nodded.
"Wow, now it doesn't smell bad, it smells like I am bathing in a tub of perfume," said Jiwon.
"At least it's better than sleeping in a smelly house," said Lacy.
Jiwon agrees with that.

"You wanna go explore?" asked Jiwon.
"Of course, let's wake up the plants!" said Lacy.
As they went deeper in the place, the plant adaptation was decreasing. Lacy was growing plants everywhere wherever she went.
Jiwon also copied Lacy's magic and started creating flower paths like a princess in a Disney movie where the dear princess walks through a dead path and magically turns into a beautiful flowery path.
"I planted a marigold plant here a while ago! It has disappeared along with its roots! Poor plant! I know how that feels, it feels like someone pulled your hair so hard that a lock of hair falls out of your scalp!" cried Lacy.
"I didn't even know what plant I was planting," thought Jiwon.
Jiwon snapped out of her thoughts, "Well, it might be an animal"
Lacy shrugged.

Suddenly there was a slight movement in a bush. The girls heard it. They glanced at each other and proceeded to the source of movement. Jiwon moved the leaves of the bush slightly.
"Aw, what a cutie!" squealed Lacy seeing a small puppy.
"Yeah right!" said Jiwon and tried to touch the puppy. The puppy howled at Jiwon and scratched her hand.
"Ouch! This is the reason why I stopped adoring cute things!" yelled Jiwon who was now piqued by the detrimental puppy. The detrimental puppy ran away.
"Good thing it ran away! Else it would have been murdered!" said Jiwon, sighing with anger.
"It's ok! Maybe the pup was scared" said Lacy and healed Jiwon's wounds.
After planting for several hours, Jiwon's stomach was now begging for food.
"Lacy, let's go to the unwelcome house. I feel hungry" said Jiwon.
"Okay!" said Lacy and they head to their temporary residence.
They had their food which they bought at a grocery store before catching the bus.
"I am sleeping, call me when something happens," said Jiwon and started to speed her sleeping bag.
"It's not even 6," said Lacy.
"I know, I don't have anything to do anyway. So taking a nap would be the best option for me" said Jiwon.
"You sleep too much, don't you?" said Lacy.
"It's a necessary part of human life! Otherwise, I will be stuck with insomnia" said Jiwon.
"That's not true! How do you get insomnia if you sleep a few hours early?" asked Lacy, who never learned about Jiwon's disease.
"My human body works that way! If I don't get enough sleep, I look like I am high in caffeine" said Jiwon, now ready to doze off. Jiwon wanted to avoid Lacy so false information about Jiwon's human body was just made up at the moment.
Lacy was confused and thought, "After I return to the headquarters, my first task is to feed Hocus-pocus, water the plants, and searching for Jiwon's syndrome"

Lacy began to explore the house by spraying her perfume everywhere the steps she took.
"I wish I could revive the creatures from the dead, but this is far from my abilities," sighed Lacy, witnessing dead algae in the stinky bathroom of the house.
"Surprisingly, this house stinks and there are no insects like cockroaches or mosquitoes here," thought Lacy, "Something must be fishy!" Lacy opened the window which took away her several calories, "what a rough workout!"

Suddenly the wind was really hard which can even blow away the wig of a teacher who wishes to have hair. Lacy felt the cold air, "Cold but fresh like from produce!" Lacy saw something coming towards the house, it didn't look like a small creature that was being chased. It was a herd of animals coming to their house. Lacy tried to identify these animals 'lion, leopard, elephant, hippo, panther, giraffe, zebra, a bunch of bulls, wolves, wild pigs, what's a frog doing there?" thought Lacy who witnessed an impossible pair of animals running together.
"Oh no they are coming this way!" realized Lacy and ran to Jiwon.
Jiwon on the other hand was already asleep and was dreaming about murdering frogs who were trying to rule the world. Jiwon was winning the battle until... "JIWON! WAKE UP! THE BATTLE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!" shouted Lacy. "What? This soon?" said Jiwon, who woke up and listened to Lacy.
"Yeah, those were animals, there were lions, leopards, zebras, hippos, frogs! They are coming to the house!" said Lacy.
"What's a zebra and frog doing in the herd of carnivores?" asked Jiwon. "I don't know!" said Lacy.
"So, there is no zoology behind this?" asked Jiwon.
"There is not! Stop fooling around!" said Lacy.

The sound of running was becoming clearer the second passed. Lacy and Jiwon were already prepared for their battle, Jiwon was stretching her back, "Let's get started and end one for all"
Lacy was nervous though, she was against hurting animals but if these creatures were the problems, she had no choice.

The animals were wild and immediately started to attack the girls. Jiwon used Beeda's physical attacks to kick the asses of the animals. Lacy on the other hand was just dodging the attacks of animals as she was against animal abuse. The attacks were becoming very harsh which left bruises on Lacy's arm. Lacy cried in pain, "Ouch! I can't hurt you guys!"

Lacy observed something very strange about those animal behaviors. She was confused, "Why do these animals keep attacking? Usually, when lions or any carnivorous animals attack, they circle their prey first. Zebras, elephants, giraffes together with their attackers just don't make sense! This frog is just jumping though it has no soul purpose to attack mankind." More thoughts were hovering inside Lacy's head.
Lacy finally concluded.

"JIWON! STOP!" shouted Lacy.
"WHAT?" said Jiwon as she was not sure what Lacy told her.
"STOP ATTACKING THE ANIMALS! THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!" shouted Lacy.
"What do you mean?" said Jiwon.
"THAT ARE BEING CONTROLLED!" said Lacy who had tears in her eyes.
"WHAT! HOW!" said Jiwon dodging attacks.
"I DON'T KNOW'' said Lacy, "KEEP DODGING THEIR ATTACKS! THEY ARE INNOCENT! THEY ARE JUST BEING USED LIKE PUPPETS!"
Lacy was now crying, avoiding attacks, and running away at the same time.
Jiwon was confused, "WHAT THE FUDGE IN THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN IS GOING ON?"
Lacy was thinking of an idea, "someone is controlling them, where is that someone, and who is this someone? You know what! I'm going search for it"

"JIWON! TAKE CARE OF THESE INNOCENT CREATURES, WILL YOU? I WILL BE BACK!" said Lacy running away.
"WHERE ARE YOU GOING? LEAVING ME BEHIND, ALONE?" shouted Jiwon.
"TO DEFEAT THE CONTROLLER WHO THOUGHT CONTROLLING ANIMALS CAN HELP OUT WHO IS SO MUCH WRONG AND IS GONNA BE DEFEATED BY ME!" said Lacy, who seemed angry and serious about it. "CONTROLLING ANIMALS IS A SIN! THAT FUCKING WANNA BE SUPERIOR IS GONNA DIE FROM MY BARE, SWEATY AND AGGRESSIVE HANDS!" said Lacy as her head was slowly heating up with anger.
"OK! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!" shouted Jiwon dodging the sharp claws of lions, "Wow, she cursed. Could you believe that?"
The zebra who was almost gonna attack Jiwon shook its head.
"OK! LET'S DO THIS! YOU ALL ARE INNOCENT SO I AIN'T GONNA HIT YOU! BUT IF YOU CROSS THE LIMITS GAME IS OVER!" shouted Jiwon so that every animal could listen.
The animals didn't back off though, they still had an aggressive and hungry faces.

Lacy who was filled with anger ran to somewhere which led to a dry and deserted place.
"Oh my god!" squealed Lacy, "I cursed! I am so sorry, I promise to never do this again!"
Lacy didn't know which place she was in. The place partially looked like a desert except for the part where there were wrenched houses like their temporary residence.
**************************************************
Author's Notes

I hope you guys are doing well :). Please stay safe and healthy, do not skip school whether it's virtual or physical, and make sure to take precautions.
If anything to share, feel free! 😃😃

-rookie author
Cloud