ODD CHAPTER 6: Alarms

"Yeeun, since when did you look this... pretty?"

---

beep* beep* beep*

beep* beep* beep*

... Just perfect, a loud ass alarm to wake me up first thing in the morning. Who's alarm is even blaring this early in the morning, it's so loud.

You opened your eyes, stuck in the same altered reality as before, you really hoped that was just a dream. You suddenly smelled an unfamiliar scent beside you. Hesitantly you get up from the couch and dust yourself off. While you're still trying to figure what the hell just happened. You look beside you and...

You fell asleep on Yeeun's shoulder, your face immediately heats up. "Good god, this is getting really embarrassing." You really need to stop embarrassing yourself in front of people you don't know personally. 

You stand up and reach for the alarm that has been going off for what seemed like forever, it's almost deafening to say the least. It's definitely not your alarm, you're starting to judge Yeeun for having alarms that could make your ears bleed. Speaking of which, how is she not awake with this alarm going off?

"You're awake? How was your sleep" You heard someone talk behind you, your soul left your body for a second 'I spoke too soon' You thought to yourself.

"It was.. fine, how about yours?" You answer, not bothering to look at Yeeun. "You kind of scared me though, so I hope you had a good sleep.." You said jokingly The younger one chuckled, "It was great!"

"I seemed to have.. slept on your shoulder, sorry for that." You let out a slight chuckle,

Yeeun got up and stretched her arms, you finally got the courage to look behind you, when all of a sudden.

*thud*

"Are you ok?" Even though you're lying down on the ground you can't help but raise your eyebrow at Yeeun, you were trying to get up when you felt something heavy on your chest. You look down and lo' and behold, it's Yeeun.

She got you real good this time, you're flustered again. You just nod your head in silence, as if Yeeun could see that, she was snuggled up next to you. 'This can't be happening, I swear this only happens in movies.'  ... On second thought , no. It does not happen in movies but who cares, let's pretend shall we?

You nudged the younger, signaling her that you're going to get up. To which you get no reply, you tilt your head to look at her, she was just staring at you the entire time.

'Is she subtly flirting with me?'  You can't help but rest your hand on her head as your face heats up again. 'I swear, this kid and her shenanigans.'

"You're awfully red, do you have a fever?" She looked at you with genuine concern, how could anyone ever resist those adorable puppy eyes. "Yeah... yeah, I'm fine. Can you get off me now? I'm going to make food."

Yeeun slightly sulked as she got off you but headed off to her room, leaving you to gay panic in silence. You can only hope she doesn't walk out of her room only to catch you talking to yourself. 

"Is there ever gonna be a day where this kid doesn't flirt with me every minute?" You spoke to yourself, you're going to need a nice long nap after this whole glowing eye/altered reality dilemma is over. 

Yeeun POV

She said she woke up on my shoulder didn't she? Will I ever tell her that I purposefully put her head on my shoulder? Why did she even fall asleep while watching a movie anyway. 

"She's cute though, I do have to admit that." I climbed on my bed, cranked up some songs and got my phone. I scrolled through article after article, trying to figure out what's going on. But nothing to any avail. I set my phone down, what could possibly be happening? Glowing eyes, Teleportation, Altered Dimensions.. This is every fantasy stories plot line.

Right as I got out of bed, I heard Ae-ra shout my name. "JANG YEEUN, FOODS READY" I let out a slight sigh, 'I guess I can find out the truth later.' 

I don't know what's gotten into me lately.. she's just a friend, right?