ODD CHAPTER 1: Gray Skies

'All alone again, just like how its always been... But thank you, for everything.'

---

You woke up early today, not really knowing that classes will start at 11 today, you got up and got ready for school

You woke up early today, not really knowing that classes will start at 11 today, you got up and got ready for school. As you were stepping into the shower you decided to play some music in hopes to brighten up your mood.

*now playing Really Like You - Izone*

really like you nae son-eul kkog jab-ajwo i son nohji mal-a jwo, ttaseuhan du son-eul jabgoseo kkumkkul su issge, i really like you, i really really like you

neowa hamkkeraseo hwanhage bichnaneun kkumeul kkwo oneuldo, with you.

english trans: really like you, please hold my hand tight, please dont let go of this hand, so we can dream while holding onto our warm hands

i really like you, i really really like you, since i'm able to dream a brightly shining dream again tonight, with you.

Those lyrics really stood out to you and reminded you of.. her. But you decided to push those thoughts away and have a good day today, at least try to have a good day today.

You got out of the shower and wore a light brown sweater paired with black jeans, "Hey mom, what's for breakfast?" you shout out from your bedroom door. No response.. "Mom?" you call out one more time, still no response.

You walk to the living room and as expected, no ones home. And since you're too lazy to make anything for yourself you just decided to go to school and eat at lunch.

You grab your skateboard and keys and head for the door. Until you noticed a paper bag on the kitchen counter with a note on it. You walk back to the kitchen, curious of what's written. 'Had to leave early, so sorry, take care at school today lil sis, love ya ❤ - Joyul' it read, you took the bag and looked inside, your older sister Jo Yuri, made you breakfast. "Well, at least I have breakfast going for me" you sigh as you walk out the door. This day couldn't get any worse or better so you decided to play some upbeat music in hopes of keeping you from falling off the deep end during these gray skies. 

*now playing So What - StayC* 

When it got to the chorus you hopped on your skateboard and sang with a big smile plastered on your face.

saenggagi neomu manado momi mugeowo, geureol ttaneun biweo beoryeo so what, shipge sanggakae so what

iraedo dwelkka shipeul jeongdoro biweo dweo, you know ttaeron ttaeron cheoncheonhi gado dwa ireoke malaebwa so what 

english trans: i have so many thoughts and my body feels heavy, then i just need to empty out, so what, just think simply, so what

i'll empty it out to the point where i get nervous you know, sometimes, you can take it slow, say it like this, so what

And for a second it was like your world became colorful, but as fast as it became colorful, it became a gray and dull once again. It was as if the world wanted to remind you that you're all alone, like you've always been, always having no one to be with, no one to go to. But because of it you became stronger than ever. Though there were times you envied even the little kids for having something special with one another. 

But you were not alone for a point in your life, being with her was the best thing that could ever happen to you, not until...

---

beep... beep...

Everything in the room looked gray and lifeless to you, I can't stand the beeping sound anymore, your heart rate is normal but I can't help but think somethings going to go wrong. I try to stop the tears flowing from my face but its useless.

"Kkura.. Wake up please" I said with a shaky voice, you could clearly hear the desperation in my voice, I wait for what seemed like forever for a response, I reach for your hand and tighten my grip.

(flashback within a flashback)

"I love you Kkura-unnie! I'll always be here to protect you just like your own superman!" I stood up from my seat, posing like a hero. I didn't care if other people were looking at me funny, I could only see Sakura.

Sakura just smiled sweetly at me as she also stood up and leaned closer to me. Our foreheads were touching one another, I just gazed into Sakura's eyes as she put her arms around my nape and kissed me.

My hands found their way to her waist as I tilted my head to deepen the kiss. It lasted for a while until she pulled away, "I love you too, Ae-ra." she said looking away as I followed her gaze.

I rested my head on hers and she put her head on my chest. "I don't deserve you..." I whisper, not wanting this moment to end no matter what.

(end of the flashback within a flashback)

beep... beep...

There's that beeping sound again, it's driving me crazy. I anxiously bite my lower lip, "I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect you until the very end..."

I ran my other hand through my hair, slightly ruffling it as a tear escaped from my eye, without realizing the doctor already came through the door. 

He cleared his throat as I looked at him and immediately wipe my tears. "Are you Y/N?" he spoke, I just nodded my head while looking at her. "I have good news for you."

I averted my attention from Sakura to the doctor, I looked straight at him with shaky eyes. "She's only unconscious, we're lucky that you admitted her immediately. A minute later and she'd be dead."

A minute... Just a single minute and I could've lost her.

---

After that incident, you guys drifted apart, she didn't feel the same and that's understandable, at least that's what you thought until a month later she started dating Chaeyeon, which you're just a little salty about, but you're happy for them. Sakura is happier than ever so you were too.

At last you made it to school, but at the cost of your mood, you didn't even want to go to school but since your older sister is here then might as well join her and her group full of crackheads.

"Well, here goes nothing. Good luck to me" you said to yourself as you saw Yujin and Yena running to you.