Chapter 22- Tattletales & Bromances

Start from the beginning

Declan was too quiet, so I looked over to see what he was doing. He was just distracted looking at something else. 

Cyrus apparently was not smarter with his money. He whipped out a 50 and slapped it into Adam's palm. He then took the bra from Adam and turned to check it out from the register.

"Wait," Declan said, and I almost sighed in relief that he was going to say something against it.

"This one has lace," He said while holding up a brand-new bra.

From now on, I save shopping exclusively for my mother and Natalie.

——————————

After an hour of people throwing glares and confused glances towards Adam and his massive boobs, we were finally done with the mall.

The last thing we did was stop by the food court before walking back to our cars in the parking garage.

I was looking through my bags when I had realized I left my sunglasses on the table at the food court.

"Oh shit, quick hold my stuff." I practically threw my bags towards the closest person to me, which happened to be Declan.

"Where are you going?" He called after me as I quickly made my way back.

"I left my sunglasses, I'll be fast!"

Luckily, they were exactly where I left them. I snatched them up and walked back to the parking garage. Why did malls have to be so big and so far away from the parking areas?

My pace was cut off as someone appeared right in front of me. I almost bumped into their chest.

"Excuse me," I said without even looking up.

"That is her, Austin. I told you that was the girl that broke my skateboard over your back."

That made me look up. So, the clown boy's name was Austin? I didn't remember his face until this very moment.

Apparently, they traveled in fucking packs considering there were two other boys with him.

I decided to play dumb, looking around the area and seeing if there could be anyone else in the vicinity they were talking to. "Who did what now?" I asked as I looked back at them.

"Yeah, that's her for sure man. She was the one with Declan when we ran into him and Adam at the store."

Fucking tattling ass bitch.

"I'm sorry, I don't know a Declan." I moved to make my way around them, but Austin sidestepped in front of me again with a nasty smirk on his face.

"But Jackson says he recognizes you. I don't think I'd forget a pretty face like yours either."

"Well Jackson has it wrong," I said, sending a glare his way, "Like I said, I don't know a Declan." I watched as their confidence seem to slowly falter, feeling very proud of my tone of voice for sounding so convincing.

And maybe I would have gotten away with it, but just then my phone buzzed from my hands. We both looked down at the same time to see Declan's name in big fat letters on my incoming caller screen.

I held my phone closer to my chest, hoping he didn't see it in time. But, when I looked up at Austin again he had his eyebrows raised in all-knowing expression.

The fucker stepped forward to reach out and grab me by the arm, but I slammed my foot down on his and then dashed away, ducking and swerving away from his friends too.