|22.

Excuse any mistakes😷

MAEVE LIV WELSH

"FOR AS MUCH as it has pleased Almighty God to take out of this world the soul of Kentrell DeSean Gaulden we therefore commit his body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, looking for that blessed hope when the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God, and the dead in Christ shall rise first." The pastor read the commital as Kentrell's coffin was levered into the ground.

I numbly fell to the ground in my black maternity dress without breaking my gaze from the coffin. I felt hands trying to lift me up but I was too weak to care so I stubbornly sat there without blinking.

Abruptly, I was jolted out of my nightmare of a slumber by the loud beeping of Kentrell's support system indicating his heartbeat wasn't stable. I hurriedly grabbed the nurse button by the side of his bed and pressed continuously while yelling for help.

They eventually came and I was made to excuse them. I cried to myself as I stood there by the door and hoped that my dream doesn't manifest. Nearly thirty minutes later and no one was still out of the room, I started to panic. As a result, I felt nauseous so I went to sit on the chair close by.

I rubbed my 2-month pregnancy bump and waited impatiently for one of the medical practitioners to step so I can atleast know how Kentrell was fairing. Then, out came two nurses who informed me that Kentrell was finally out of coma but would still be under supervision with the support systems for the night and I could see him. I don't think I've ever felt so relieved in my whole life.

I stepped into the room again and Kentrell watched my movement like a hawk from where he laid on the bed. His coffee brown eyes followed me till I was standing by his side.

"You're awake," I had nothing to say, I just wanted to ease the humid tension in the room so I continued, "I'll call Ben and the rest to inform them."

"Aye.." his voice came out dry and raspy then he started coughing, I quickly grabbed a bottle water and filled a glass to give him. Kentrell grabbed my hand as I held the glass for him to drink some water. I've missed him so much I was about to start tearing up from the small gesture.

"Relax, do you feel hungry? I can ask the nurse if you can eat something light at least." I was worried he might be starving since he hadn't been conscious for the past one month when he got shot.

Kentrell huffed out a chuckle and said, "I been knocked out for a month. And where were you?"

I sighed deeply, "By your side, right here. I thought maybe someone's presence next to you all the time would hasten up your recovery."

Kentrell seemed surprised, "Say you for real? I always heard your voice but I thought it was only in my head and I was asleep. When you cry I heard that but I couldn't do nothing, I couldn't move at all."

I couldn't stop my tears anymore, I was just happy he regained consciousness and I wouldn't have to start the journey of parenthood all alone. And because I love him...so much to forgive him for everything.

"Stop cryin' mama, I ain't going nowhere, I'm right here with you don't cry no mo'." Kentrell softy told me while holding my hand in his'. I nodded and tried to stop my hormones from raging so much but he called me by his nickname for me and I just couldn't. "You gon' get me pissed right na' putting my babygirl through all'at stress. I'm here na' stop cryin' Maeve."

I sniffed and chuckled, "How do you know it's a girl. You probably can't produce any girl as it is, so I believe it's a boy."

"You gon' stop calling my princess a nigga. I'on want her coming out thinkin' she one. I wanna have two of you to cherish and luh' the best way I can. She gon' be exactly like you, in looks and in character. It took me almost losing my life to realize how much you care for me and how much you truly worth."

I blew a raspberry and fanned my eyes with my free hand that Kentrell wasn't caressing. I felt overwhelmed. But I had to say my mind and he needed to clear somethings up for me, so I said, "Do you still love Jania? Or have even the faintest of feelings for her?"

He patted a space on the bed, right next to his body and sat I there awaiting my answer. He said, "We got history, and a child as you know so I do got luh' for her. But not the level that I used to, feel me? I don't luh' Jania anymore. Matter of fact, I never loved Jania in the past like I do you now or any woman for that matter, I put that on my princess."

I smacked away his hand that he placed on my stomach to say the last words. "Don't put shit on my child Kentrell."

"Hey listen to what I say, girl you know I need you." Kentrell sang poorly to me and I laughed.

"I love you Maeve. And I hope someday I makeup for all the unnecessary shit I put you through for no reason. I know you deserve better than my ass but...I can't leave you alone, I refuse to. I wanna keep tryin' everyday so I can be that man you deserve. Gimme a chance mama, last chance."

"I love you too and maybe I might be stupid for letting you again but I wanna give you that benefit of doubt. Let's start over, last chance."

"It's all I need."

-
Ohhhh there it goes. The fool that tried to kill my baby hasn't been caught yet! I appreciate everyone of y'all reading this book so note that❤️
-Mila❤️