|O2.

"AYE DRACO," Kentrell, the father to the prodigal boy by his nickname, who had been running around the whole supermarket like it was a playing park and disturbing shoppers, called out

"AYE DRACO," Kentrell, the father to the prodigal boy by his nickname, who had been running around the whole supermarket like it was a playing park and disturbing shoppers, called out. The 21-year old had his two sons, Kacey and Kayden for that day so decided to get things from the supermarket with them as his only company; no group of friends and entourage, so as to not drag attention from fans, asides from the driver awaiting them outside in an Escalade.

"Whea' you get that shit from?" Kentrell pointed to the sanitary pad Kayden was about shoving into his own buggy along with other items.

"I got it from the fat lady there," he paused to point down the isles ahead, "She had plenty of 'em so I took one, can I eat it?"

Kentrell smacked his teeth and adjusted a sleeping Kacey on his shoulder before sternly telling his son, "Take that shit back, it ain't for boys but girls and what'd I tell you 'bout runnin' 'round places like the mall and whea' you never been?"

Kayden pouted a bit, playing with the zipper on his outfit, "Not to."

"And you do that. Got too comfortable and took shit from strangers without their permission—" Kentrell cut himself off to avoid getting heated.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," Kayden mumbled, rubbing his eyes to prevent his tears from falling. He definitely wasn't a soft kid but only his dad could get to him and Kentrell barely frowned upon his behavior till such situations involving taking his disrespect outside occurred.

Kentrell adjusted the hood of his hoodie over his head and pulled his son's hands from his face to wipe his tears and said, "Come on, let's go see if she still around so you could give her the items and apologize."

With that, they reached the counter and paid for all they shopped for including Maeve's pad and snacks before leaving.

Meanwhile, the 23-year old was just about opening the passenger side to the Lyft she booked when the loud voice of the prodigal boy from earlier called out to stop her. She halted and there the rascal was, approaching where she stood with an adult accompanying him. He got closer enough and there stood the most attractive guy she'd ever seen in person— maybe she was overreacting but her antisocial ass couldn't have been wrong with always being cooped in the room.

He had coffee brown eyes, smooth espresso skin just like the little rascals' and mauve lips that looked so soft. The hood was blocking her further access to his hair but it slightly drooped over his brows and she guessed they were in dreads or twists.

On Kentrell part, he was also assessing the curvature on the short, light skin who seemed younger than him but he could be mistaking. Even through the loose sweats she sported, her wide hips and thighs still made themselves visible. Kentrell assumed she was of mixed ethnicity and probably Blasian since he'd gotten his fair share of them.

But why wasn't she reacting to his presence as of yet? Yeah, she was gawking at him but wasn't freaking out or anything. That question in his head shoved him out of his thoughts. "Say, my son took yo' things and he wanna return 'em and say sorry."

Maeve blinked thrice and shut her mouth thinking she didn't make her assessment of the young man obvious, mentally rolling her eyes repeatedly at herself. She noticed the country drawl to his accent, just when she thought he couldn't be more attractive.

Kayden held a plastic bag up to her with doe eyes that if he hadn't acted like he did towards her in the supermarket, she'd definitely had fallen for how innocent he looked but he was still cute regardless.

"Sorry Mrs. ma'am."

"It's okay.." she looked to Kentrell as if to ask what his son's name was. "Kayden," she said after being told, "I'm not angry anymore but you shouldn't do that to just anyone especially girls 'cause it's disrespectful." Maeve collected the bag from Kayden and pecked his cheek making the little boy blush and smile for the first time since she'd met him.

Kentrell ruffled Kayden's hair and smiled, just then Kacey started moving and mumbling in his slumber. Maeve cooed at the sleeping toddler sucking on his thumb and she asked, "Is he also yours?"

"Yeah. You got chinky eyes, are you Blasian?"

Maeve blushed and nodded positive. Her Mother was Korean with her Father being African from Ethiopia.

She was about saying something when a group of teenagers with mostly girls hollered, "YB! YoungBoy! Yo, that's Draco and Tarzan with him!" Another one yelled, "I know those bracket legs from a fucking mile away, they're Tops'!"

And that was Kentrell's cue to bring the conversation to and end. "Nice seein' you, Chinky." He smiled at Maeve before pulling Kayden along with him and sprinting to the all black Escalade that was pulling up just in time before the small crowd of fans could attack him and the kids.

Amidst all the happenings, Maeve was left confused and standing there and just a tinge of hurt that the attractive young man didn't request for her number but then which man would, she was overweight and all over the place in her eyes and she peeped how his eyes would dance around her body especially her thighs but she couldn't depict the kind of gaze it was. Maybe he found her disgusting and point blank fat!

The possibility of him being famous didn't even cross her mind even when she saw the small mob of people trying to reach him. Maeve's insecurities and self consciousness had always taken up the bigger part of her thinking faculty in most cases as such.

"Ma'am, your wait time charge is almost $20." The Lyft driver pulled the brooding light skin out of her thoughts. Maeve got into the car with a heavy heart as the brooding continued.

-
Who else thinks Maeve is kinda slow?
Tell me your thoughts on this chapter and I'll keep em coming!
-Mila☺️