|O9.

MAEVE LIV WELSH

MAEVE LIV WELSH

MY CHEEKS WERE BEET RED as Kentrell wrapped his arms around my shoulder from behind and guided me out of his car as we walked toward some building. We got closer and all I heard was gunshots, I started feeling uneasy till I heard him whisper, "Chill, we at a shooting range not a trap house." I rolled my eyes to myself like thanks a lot that actually helped since I grew up in a shooting range instead of a home.

Ken brought us to the arena or as he explained the firing line; it had different paper targets with bullseye for aiming at across from where we stood and tables in front of us with pistols, earmuffs and clear shades.

"Follow my lead. Wear them earmuffs and shades, it's for the loud ass noise and fo' shit not to get in your eyes." Kentrell explained. I did as he said and guarded myself. He proceeded to load the handgun on his table before he lifted it to his paper target some yards across and soon emptied the magazine into the bullseye till it ripped.

I gulped at how attractive he looked while doing that and the accuracy made me feel hot. He loaded the clip again and I could tell he was letting out some steam with the way his jaws kept ticking and clenching, facial expression all hardened like he was truly shooting at someone he loathed.

"S'up, you good mama?" Kentrell smirked at me and I nodded absentmindedly. He chuckled, coming to stand behind me and help load the gun on my table then placed it in my hands that were quite small and the weapon was heavy but I held it steady. "Good, place it like this," he positioned my focus and said, "Your finger on the trigger now pull." And I jumped slightly when I discharged my first shot but Kentrell said to do it again and I did aiming poorly but I was enjoying it.

After several target checks and only one successful headshot from me, it was almost seven in the evening and I was feeling worn out— definitely needed to go out more I had a blast, blasting off those targets. I felt Kentrell slip his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead making me smile at him, "What was that for?"

"Shut up i'on need no reason to kiss on yo' ass. But really I 'preciate yo' thoughts on trying help me blow off some steam and stress. Even though we could be at my place right na' wit' yo' insides getting pounded." He smirked, I gasped pushing him a bit, "A'ight but this really took my mind off of some things real talk. Thanks mama."

I blushed at him being appreciative in his own way atleast he recognized my efforts. "It's okay I felt the need to since you're someone I really about Ken."

Some guy with long dreads packed in a ponytail and outlined fade approached us and Kentrell took his hand off my waist to do a handshake with him and exchange greetings before he introduced me, "Aye Willins, meet Maeve my lit' baby, we 'bout heading out." I sent him a small wave and smile but he was too busy eyeballing my body and licking his lips to acknowledge my gesture.