𝚇𝙸𝚇. 𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚖𝚊

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps so but I can make sure that fate won't be anywhere near your son," Lucius said and stood up. "Has your son said anything about what happened during the Yule Ball?"

Lucius had promised Violetta to let the incident go and never speak of it again but after hearing Edwin's opinions, he couldn't keep that promise.

"I can't say that I have," Edwin admitted, his voice slightly fading with his words.

"Your son harassed my daughter, in more ways than just by words," said Lucius, his grey eyes darkening and pure anger in them was visible.

Edwin's face paled but Lucius knew it wasn't because he felt bad but because he was scared. People knew that no fury could even be close to the one Lucius Malfoy feels when someone has hurt his family.

"So about the contract you and my father have made," started Lucius and took a piece of paper ― the contract to be more exact ― from the desk. He walked over to the fireplace and without another word, he tossed the contract into the flames.

Edwin jumped up but before he had a chance to save the contract, it was long gone.

"You can't do that," argued Edwin.

Lucius laughed. "But I already did."

"But now let me be very clear. If your son ever touches my daughter again or does as much as looks at her way, I will hurt him. I don't care what comes of him," continued Lucius, any signs of laughter gone. "All I care is that he won't come anywhere near Violetta ever again."

Edwin swallowed but gathered up his courage to speak although he looked like a little child who had just stolen a jar of cookies.

"Your father will have a fit," he said.

"Well then, it is a very good thing that I don't care. He isn't Violetta's father but I am. And I don't want nor do I let my daughter marry someone like your son," said Lucius before heading towards the study's doors and opening them. "Now if you will be so kind and remove your sorry presence from my house."

Edwin sneered, his nostrils moving abnormally fast. "You can't throw me out, Malfoy."

"Oh yes I can. Now leave before I really throw you out," Lucius yelled so that the chandelier above Edwin shook.

The humiliated Peregrine said nothing but nearly ran out of Lucius' study and headed straight out without a fight.

Lucius sighed, he felt a headache coming. He moved to sit back on his armchair, letting his elbows lean against the desk before he buried his face between his hands. The stress Violetta's future has brought him lately has been great and time consuming.

He has always known that having and raising a daughter is very different from sons but he didn't really know exactly how different until lately. Regulus was going to inherit the Malfoy name and the riches and responsibilities it brings while Draco was going to have certain responsibilities ― he might be the second son and heir but that didn't mean he was a spare.

But Violetta was the daughter, the heiress who was going to lose her family name the day she gets married.

"It seems that you made your point," the voice of Narcissa said when she entered the room.

Lucius lifted his head from his hands and turned to look at Narcissa who was standing just next to his chair.

"So far yes but I doubt this is the end," he said. "Abraxas will find someone else he can marry Lettie to."

Narcissa smiled sadly. "I suppose so."

"You think it would be easier if she actually wants to get married right after school," Lucius heard his wife's unspoken words.