☹︎𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐄☹︎

Depuis le début

Sam exhaled through his nose, "Open the door would you?"

Bella hesitated and Sam frowned, "I used to Babysit you, Bella, your dad is the chief of police here, open the door."

She opened the door and Sam swung it all the way open to peer at the crying girl. "I just wanted a fucking cookie!"

Sam nodded slowly and reached into the car to pop the hood. As Bella cried to herself, Sam went around to check the engine.

"That is all I wanted, a cookie and ice cream, lots of ice cream," Bella whined her grey eyes trained in the tuffs of black hair over the rusted red hood. "My day has been terrible. Why are boys, such idiots?"

"I have no idea," Sam hummed slightly from where he stood.

"He just had to embarrass me in front of everyone then stand around like a dumbass when I got mad at him, why doesn't he ever consider how I feel, ya know?" She rambled and Sam hummed coming around and pushing her across the bench, she turned and crossed her legs beneath her so she looked at him directly as he tried to start the engine. "All he does is whine and bitch about me not communicating," she scoffed, her tears long forgotten, "Me? Not communicating? I'm communicating right now-."

"Your car stinks," he grunted.

"Yeah it smells like my boyfriend's dumbass, I swear it's like he takes a piss in it when I'm not looking, what kind of bullshît-!"

"Bella," Sam cut her off and she pursed her lips and stared up at his large figure with wide grey eyes. They stared at one another for a long moment. "Your engine's dead-."

"Fan-fucking-tastic!" Bella threw her hands up angrily.

"I don't have anything in my car to help, I'll call someone to help tow it to a nearby mechanic, he's good at what he does, cheap too," he explained pulling the keys out of the ignition. "I was on my way to pick up my fiancé from the supermarket-.

Bella gasped, "You're getting married?! Congratulations! I love weddings!" She clapped her hands and Sam didn't seem to know if he should smile or frown.

"You hate weddings."

"I hate weddings," she confirmed with a small bob of her head. Sam shook his head and pulled his phone from his pocket. "But I better be invited."

"If you stop crying, I may just consider it."

Bella quickly wiped her tears away with her sleeve.

Sam's lips twitched in amusement. "I'll call, you stay there."

Bella's eyes widened in a puppy-like manner and she beamed, making her hands into paws she released a little "Arf!"

"Don't make dog jokes, you can't win."

Bella shrugged, "I'm more into leach jokes," she joked and Sam suddenly turned. His gaze was heavy, his eyes nearly animalistic. The two stared at one another. Sam's eyes seemed to be prodding her for knowledge she wasn't supposed to know.

Bella cocked a brow and stared right back.

When he knew he wasn't gonna get what he wanted to he huffed through his nose and made his way back to his truck. Bella leant back against the passenger seat door just as her phone rang.

Pulling it from her back pocket, she frowned at Jasper's name flashing across the screen. "Yellow?"

"Blue," Jasper answered almost immediately and Bella beamed.

"How may I help you, Jaz?"

"Just checking in, Alice couldn't see you after you left school," his deep southern drawl trickled through the speaker. Bella frowned.