Chapter 11

"What now?" I said. Did Alisha have a backup plan, or was this all going to be on me? I mean, men are supposed to be the strong ones -- the ones with all the answers, but I had none. We murdered the wrong people, and now, the real killer is still out there terrorizing other women. "Fuck it," I said, holding my hands in front of my body. "We're going to find the bastard."

"You sure?" Alisha said, raising a sly brow. "Slow down there, cowboy. Don't you think two murders is enough?"

"Why'd you have to pick the wrong house?" I said. "You know what, forget it. We killed twice. What's one more?"

"Whatever's gotten into you, I love it," Alisha said. 

"Let's get some rest until the morning," I said. "You coming with us, Sarah?" 

"I ain't got nowhere else to go," she said.

"Let's go, honey," Alisha said, holding Sarah's hand. We traveled through the thick woods to a rundown hotel for the night. 

I'd hoped we'd get two rooms: one for Sarah and one for Alisha and I

I'd hoped we'd get two rooms: one for Sarah and one for Alisha and I. We didn't have the money. Besides, we needed to be on the lookout for cops. We were murderers now, and there's no turning back. 

(Short chapter)