"You know what else sounds fun? Stabbing myself in the face with this fork," Jackson snarled. 

"Ooh I volunteer," Maeve chirped while scrunching her face as Jackson rolled his eyes. 

Lydia ignored the altercation and turned to her boyfriend, "How 'bout bowling? You love to bowl."

 "Yeah, with actual competition."

Maeve blocked out the conversation as her phone went off:

Lahey: Wanna get snacks before double math with the most boring teacher in this school?

Maeve looked around the cafeteria before locking eyes with the boy, a smile forming on her face as she nodded.

Maeve: Absolutely, I'll meet you out in the hall by the vending machines. 

"Yes. In fact, I'm a great bowler," Scott's voice caught Maeve's attention to which she snorted at his words, not having read the seriousness in the conversation. 

"Sorry, couldn't breath for a second there," the brunette tried to play it off, but Stiles and her had to bite their lips to keep them from laughing while thinking of Scott's bowling skills. 

Maeve gave Scott an apologetic look, only to be taken back by Lydia's words, "What about you Maeve? I can get you date for tomorrow to come with?" 

She was kinda of insulted that Lydia thought she needed to go with them and that she's need her to find a date - considering the last choice didn't go well. Maeve also had plans that didn't involve her knowing but before she say anything Danny interrupted, "Or she could just take whoever she's been texting."

She almost choked on air, but quickly composed herself as all eyes turned to her, "I don't know what you mean Danny, I'm just texting."

"Oh yeah and that's why you've been smiling at your phone every time you get a text this past week" the boy scoffed. 

"Maeve Stilinski who is it and why haven't you told me about them!" Lydia exclaimed in slight anger.

"Him," Danny corrected, earning a confused look from Maeve on how he would know that, "you're more confident when you are talking with a guy, compared to girls where you tend to be more shy," that made the entire table look at him confused, "what? I've been her wingman enough times to notice the difference."

Stiles and Scott turned their attention back to the girl, all three of them silently shocked with this information, Stiles looking more betrayed like the look on Lydia's face. Jackson seemed concerned and Allison was unbothered by the idea of Maeve talking to someone.

 Maeve was processing the entire situation that turned on her too quickly, and Danny's revelation rattling in her mind about her behavior. "First off," she started her defense as she took a deep breath, "there is nobody," but Scott could hear her heart beating too quickly, "second, I can't tomorrow night because I'm babysitting," confidence finding her voice at the last statement.

Which Scott could tell was also a lie.

Everyone seemed to take in her lie, most still not believing the part of there being nobody on the other end of her phone, when Stiles turned to her, "Babysitting? Since when?" he questioned since he usually knew when she babysat.

Maeve started to get up, already feeling bad about Isaac waiting, "Since the other day and I'm going to need the car so..yeah, see you in econ." She headed for the hallway only to be stopped of a hand on her forearm.

"Jackson I need to give back Martha's history notes," she lied in hopes he would let her go.

"Who is he?" Jackson questioned with full seriousness.