Invisible String

"Scott! It's Maeve, open the door I just wanna make sure you're okay."

He opened the door enough for her to hear him panting, in her bones she could feel his panic, his voice shaking as she could detect a new lisp form, "Look you gotta find Allison."

"Scott she got a ride home, okay? I'm more worried about you at the moment," Maeve tried to keep a steady voice in hopes that by keeping herself calm it would calm her childhood best friend too.

"I think I know who it is."

"Scott, Stiles is coming up just let us in and we'll figure it out." Just then she heard her brother's footsteps climb the stairs, at some point it seemed like he tripped.

"It's Derek! Derek Hale is the werewolf, he's the one who bit me! He's the one who killed the girl in the woods!" Maeve took a step back from the door to stand side by side to her twin.

"S-stiles, who was it you said drove Allison home?" Panic now slipped into her words a she already knew what his answer was going to be.

Stiles took a second to process what Scott said, "Scott, Derek's the one who drove Allison home from the party."

Without warning the awakening werewolf shut the ajared door and a clutter of noise ensued in the room, only to be followed by silence.

"We need to go to Allison's house." Was all Maeve could manage to get out at she felt a wave of fear wash over her. How could she just let Allison go home with a stranger? It's not like she saw it since her and Derek were already gone by the time she left the house, but if something happened she'd blame herself.

"Should one of stay in case he comes back?"

"Y-yeah, I'll go to Allison's you stay here," Maeve put out her hand to have Stiles give her the key to Roscoe but when he saw her hand shaking he put them back in his pocket.

"You are not driving, I'll go to Allison's, you stay here in case he comes back."

"But Stiles-"

"No. Between all of the coffee, lack of sleep, whatever Lydia gave you at the party and the extensive amount of anxiety coursing through your body, you are not driving our car. I can go to Allison's, you can stay here - you're better at calming people down anyways so if he does come back it's probably better that it's you - and I'll pick you up afterwards."

He took a step towards his sister and pulled her into a hug, "Drink some water, eat something, take a shower, I don't know just breath and I'll call you when I find her."

Maeve just nodded her head as her hazel eyes met his light brown ones and soon he took off down the stairs and out the door.

What happened to having normal teenage problems like getting pregnant or mono?

...

Maeve felt herself waking up as something or someone nudged her shoulder, "Hey Maeve I think I see him."

Her long lashes fluttered open as her eyes adjusted to see a shirtless figure walking ahead of them. As Stiles pulled over Maeve opened the passenger door, handing Scott her brother's blazer that she'd been using as a blanket with a small smile on her face.

"How are you feeling Scotty?" were the first words spoken in the silent car as they drove, Maeve's tired voice carrying its way to the two boys.

Scott sighed and took his head off the window, "You know what worries me the most?"

"I swear if you say Allison I'm going to punch you in the head," Stiles finally spoke.

"She probably hates me now."