Chapter 27

"I told you this was too early!" A man whispered rather loudly.

"How was I supposed to know they'd still be asleep at 10:30," a woman argued.

I squeezed Drake but I kept my eyes closed. I quickly summoned a knife in my hand but made sure that they wouldn't notice the weapon. I waited for their shifting to give away their position then I shot up and threw the knife in one fluid motion.

A yell rang out and Drake shot up beside me. We both jumped out of bed, still disorientated from sleep. "Kyna! Snap out of it!" The woman yelled.

I blinked a few times and realized that the woman was Cara. She was kneeling next to her soulmate, Randal, who was clutching his bleeding shoulder. "What is with you and knives?" Randal groaned.

"Who are these people?" Drake asked me still in fight mode.

I relaxed my stance and ran my hand through my tangled red hair. I sighed and answered, "This is Cara James, the other Amari, and her soulmate, Randal."

Drake then relaxed as well and gave them a nod. Randal looked over at my beloved and snickered. He pointed at Drake and said, "You stabbed me over this!"

"Oh, calm down," Cara told him rolling her hazel eyes, "You heal fast, and if it's really bad, I'll summon a healing patch."

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one with the stab wound!" Randal complained.

"I didn't stab you," I defended myself as I narrowed my eyes at him.

Cara rolled her hazel eyes then turned to Drake, "Don't take him too seriously. I'm Cara"

"Drake," he informed as he held his hand out for her to shake.

They shook hands and Cara remarked to me, "He's cute! Good job."

I blushed and hissed, "Shut up."

"Yeah!" Randal yelled, "You're my girl! Stay away from Mr. King of Dragons!"

Cara smiled, her whole face lighting up. She went over to the healing Randal and pecked his lips. "I don't need a dragon when I have my very own werewolf," she reassured him.

"Werewolf?" Drake inquired with wide eyes.

"A man that can turn into a wolf," I explained quickly.

Drake's mouth gaped open a bit before he forced it closed and nodded. Randal let out a groan and stood up. His wound was now closed and the area was simply bruised. He stumbled towards Drake and put his hand out. "Randal Hart, I'm Cara's mate," he introduced himself.

Drake hesitantly placed his hand in the werewolf's and he replied, "Drake Anders, Kyna's beloved."

They shook hands and quickly stopped all contact. They then stepped back and examined each other, curious about the other. "So... you're a dragon?" Randal questioned.

Drake nodded and said, "Yeah."

"What's that like?" Randal wondered.

"Randal!" Cara reprimanded, "Don't ask stupid questions."

"It's alright. It's pretty normal," Drake told Randal.

I sighed and said, "He's not going to know what being different is like. Just like you've been a werewolf all your life, he's been a dragon all his life. It is his normal."

Suddenly the door opened and Cato called out, "Kyna! Have you seen my brother?"

We all turned to face the prince and watched as he walked in looking at some papers. When I didn't answer he looked up from his stack and froze. His eyes landed on Cara and he threw his papers up in the air. He yelped and pointed at her. He turned to Drake and rambled, "That's her! That's the scary girl that made the ground eat me!"