Chapter 18

"Kyna!" A muffled yell called out. Insistent knocking followed and my head roared. What happened?

The sheets next to me ruffled and the king groaned, "Ugh... make it stop."

I sat up and held my head. I'm so hungover and there's an annoying idiot at my door. The pounding on the door became impossibly louder and someone yelled, "Kyna! I know you're in there! Open the door!"

I stumbled out of bed, my leg getting caught on the sheets for a second, then practically crawled to the door. My head was pounding and all I wanted was to make the noise stop. I swung the door open and glared at Cato. "What?" I growled at him.

His face morphed into shock and he asked, "Are you hungover?"

I dragged my hand down my face and replied, "Yes, so stop making all that noise."

"We'll deal with all this," he said as he gestured to me," Later. No one can find my brother. People are starting to panic since he was in such a bad mood yesterday. They're scared he's off burning a mountain down."

"I don't care. Leave," I told him. My head continued to screech and I just wanted the prince to leave.

"Well, you should care! You're the queen. People are looking to you for answers," he responded.

"Cato shut the hell up and get out!" The king yelled while he turned away from the light on the bed.

Cato's eyes widened and he braced the door so he could see inside the room better. He leaned forward, getting a little too close to me, and questioned, "Is that Drake?"

"What?" I responded.

"It is! Oh my... did you two get drunk then sleep together?" He exclaimed.

I glared at him and said, "Get out."

"And miss this show? No way!" Cato countered.

My head continued to ache so I told him," I'm going to slam this door close in three seconds. You'll either be gone or injured. I don't care which one."

"You wouldn't," he declared as he narrowed his eyes.

I raised my eyebrow and said, "One."

"You don't want to hurt me," Cato tried to convince me.

"Two," I counted.

"Wait... You're serious," he realized.

"Three," I announced then slammed the door shut. Cato jumped out of the way and avoided being smashed by the closing door.

"I see how it is!" Cato's muffled voice yelled from behind the doors, "I'll just come back later."

I made my way back to the bed and groaned, "Ugh.... please don't."

My head throbbed with each step I took and it flared up when I launched myself onto my bed. I put the blankets over me and I unconsciously snuggled into the king's side. I fell asleep quickly. My pounding head and squeezing stomach begged my body to do so. I don't know how long I slumbered. I just know that when I woke up my head was no longer hurting, and once I realized that whatever light was in the room wasn't going to send my head into a frenzy, I opened my eyes.

The king was laying next to me with his arm draped over his eyes. I sat up quickly and scooted away from him. How did he get in my bed?

"I should go to bed," the king whispered to me.

I yawned and told him, "No you can't! You can't drive home. You're in no condition to operate a vehicle."