Chapter 16: Memories

Start from the beginning

Despite being displayed in black linings it created havoc in her heart. His beady eyes stared back; it was beyond her understanding that still with closed eyes she could draw him. It did not feel right at all. She sealed the book, positioning it aside and stretched her arms above her head stifling a yawn.

Her eyes gaped at the shirt she was wearing. It was Shehraz's after cleaning his room and wardrobe some clothes which now were all owned by Jahanara because the fancy dressing wasn't comfortable when it comes to doing her work. 

Talking about Shehraz she forgot to reply to him and sat down with closed eyes finally coming to terms with what she wanted to paint and despite the nagging feeling. She was going to do it.

For it's just a portrait.

The last brush stroke as her shoulders drooped down and sat with a thud her hands covered with all numerous shades smudged complimenting her fair complexion. 

He was beautiful, his pointed jawline, the deep eyelashes, his raven orbs that reflected any colour it started into those freckles that adorned his cheekbones that made her remember each time they spent it all played in front of her eyes.

'I miss you,' she couldn't utter those words.

It was a stab in her heart and the tears burned her striking blue-grey eyes as she covered her mouth with her hand preventing a sob which would awake Raaya until her phone rang quickly without looking at the caller. She accepted the call. 

"Hello?" Her hoarse voice came out. 

"Hi, is this Jahanara Zahid speaking ?" A woman's voice asked, confusing Jahanara as she pulled the phone to see it was an unknown number.

"Yes, who are you?" She finally said wiping her tears and the next words didn't help her current situation throwing her into anguish.

The pleasant air of Islamabad and the loud voice of Magrib Azan calmed the anxiety that increased when the location neared her

The pleasant air of Islamabad and the loud voice of Magrib Azan calmed the anxiety that increased when the location neared her. She unconsciously covered her head in respect. And informed the driver to pick her up when she called.

Her mind screamed at her to leave while her heart said not to. These useless centres would never contact until and unless it was important. She recalled the conversation. They were closing it down and were contacting anyone going their belonging to the rightful owners. 

"Thank God it's closing down," She said to no one. After she ran away leaving Omar behind she had nowhere but to surrender herself to some other orphanage which was bearable but ruthless when it came to giving away kids and money. She shook her head throwing the thoughts out and crossed the road seeing the hustle and bustle entering and going to the counter.