ELEVEN

chapter eleven
burn salem 2020?
real life

Tommy and Salem hadn't exactly gone back to normal but they were still bickering like usual. they sat in the park with Millie and Ethan at the end of their last day of term. it was cold so Tommy was obviously wearing his obnoxiously blue jacket.

"what the fuck are you staring at?" Salem huffed, flicking her lighter as Tommy stared at her.

Tommy just grinned, "can i use your lighter?"

Curiously, she raised an eyebrow, "why?"

"witch trials?" Ethan suggested only for Millie to elbow him in the side.

"burn Salem 2021?" Tommy shrugged, smiling cheekily.

Salem scoffed, "piss off."

Tommy just laughed to himself.

while Ethan and Millie had wandered off to the local chip shop to grab them a bag of chips to share, Tommy and Salem were sat at the park. Tommy swung back and forth on the swings while Salem just sat on a bench.

"do you realise how many people have probably shagged in this park?" Salem spoke up, not actually looking over to Tommy.

"why would you fuck someone in a park?"

Salem shrugged, "people do it. england is a weird place."

"you literally from Australia. sit down love." Tommy taunted.

with a huff, Salem stood to her feet. she began pacing over to where Tommy was sat on the swings. the boy grinned proudly until Salem grabbed the back and began pushing him, high.

"Sal, stop!" Tommy objected, but she continued pushing the swing higher, "i'll fall!" he practically screeched.

"you're tall and smart, do something about it."

"I CANT!" Tommy screamed, "THESE ARE NEW TRAINERS!"

Salem faked a pout of sympathy, "awh bless."

Salem walked into her house with Tommy and saw her dad stood in the kitchen. things had been okay with them since she spoke to tommy.

"hey dad. me and Tommy are hanging out and playing minecraft." she said, beginning to walk upstairs.

"Salem wait." Shaun Mullins told his daughter, Salem stopped, "there's someone i want you to meet."

Salem felt her breath hitch when she saw another man stood in the kitchen with her dad. Tommy glanced over to her and sent her a soft smile. Salem slowly walked to the kitchen, dragging tommy with her by the arm.

"this is Richie, my partner." her dad told her as she walked in to see the two.

Salem just nodded, "hi."

"i was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight. it would give you a chance to properly get to know eachother. i want you two to get along. Tommy can come too if you want."

Salem couldn't help but smile seeing how happy her dad was, "sure. sounds great."

she turned to Tommy and he shook his head, "seems like a family thing and i have to stream tonight anyway."

salem frowned slightly, "oh okay."

"it's okay if you come." Richie spoke up, not wanting to push anyone out.

"please." Salem added, looking up at Tommy.

Tommy chuckled, "fine."

[ ⌨︎ ✰ @ˢᵒᵒᵗᵛⁱˢⁱᵒⁿ ⁱˢ ᵗʸᵖⁱⁿᵍ··· ]
i'm bored so write some Salem and Tommy head cannons in the comments for me to read bc i think that would be cool.