10

[ I probably need to edit, I'm on wine x]

It was the morning of the final day of school before the Christmas holiday. The previous day meant that the students only had half a day of lessons but the other half consisted of mass and prayer.

Aurora had just finished getting ready in her uniform, looking pristine as always. Her lips were a pretty pink and her hair was freshly curled and tumbled past her shoulders. Her room wasn't packed away like most of the other students. She wouldn't be returning home. Instead, she'd be spending her Christmas in hell. How ironic.

She closed her door and set off for breakfast in the hall. She hated the school but every time she walked down the halls, she was in awe of the architecture. "What are you looking at?" She spotted Weston around the corner, leaning on a wall.

His white shirt was ironed and tucked into his trousers. "Nothing," he chuckled and looked down at his shoes. "What are you doing for Christmas?" He joined her on her way to breakfast.

Her mood was slightly saddened when he asked because she realised that he would most likely be leaving and she wouldn't see him for at least three weeks, if ever. "Nothing special. Mother doesn't want to know me so I'll be here," she sighed.

Aurora didn't miss her mother. She just didn't want to be alone. All of her friends were going back home for the holidays. What was she supposed to spend her time doing? Studying?

"Sounds sad."

"Don't rub it in," she warned.

"I'd like to rub you somewhere else," Weston winked at her and she felt butterflies in her stomach.

Aurora brushed the hair out of her face and distanced herself slightly from Weston, "What are you doing then?"

"We always go to Venice. My parents like going to the Opera and I always get dragged along," he complained.

They were nearing the food hall and could hear the chatter of other students.

"It can't be that bad! I bet it's beautiful," she wondered. She'd been to a few Opera's before and whilst she didn't have much love for the performance, she adored the structure and colours.

"Not for me. I've seen it one too many times," Weston pulled Aurora aside before they entered by her arm and she gasped. He took a deep breath. "Would you like to come?"

Aurora raised her brows and smirked.

"Naughty girl," he shook his head, "That's not what I meant."

"You just said you'd like to rub me. How else was I supposed to take it?"

"Aurora, would you like to come to Venice with me and my family for Christmas?" He formally asked.

She pondered on the thought. If she went. She could be with Weston for the holidays but then she'd also be spending Christmas with Mr Hayes which was... weird. "Wouldn't your dad find it weird?"

"I've already asked and he approved."

"You're that confident I'll agree?"

"We leave tomorrow at eight in the morning. Think about it," he flashed a smile and went for breakfast."

+++

Mrs Fallon wore yellow tights and a green and blue dress. She was going around the class to evaluate their project on something to do with God's beauty.

"Where's yours Weston?" Maisie asked. Mrs Fallon had seen her painting of a baby in the womb. It would've been great if Maisie didn't add cigarettes, drugs and alcohol to accompany the baby in the womb. She'd said, "Despite all of this surrounding it, what you don't know is that the child will grow up to be a doctor. It's amazing and beautiful that it chose against these harmful substances, don't you think?"

"She saw mine yesterday," he revealed.

"Well, what was it?" Maisie questioned.

Weston sat down at his bench, "You'll have to wait for the charity event."

Aurora fiddled with her skirt. "You won't even tell us what it is?"

"Nope,' he shook his head and popped the 'p'. "Why don't you show us yours?" He gestured to her set that was covered by some cloth.

"It's not that great. Just wait until Mrs Fallon comes around and you'll see it then," she said quietly. She was nervous that hers wasn't great after hearing that Mrs Fallon had liked Weston's so much that it was going into the charity event.

"Good afternoon, Aurora. Let's see what you've got. It doesn't have a stink bomb involved, does it?" She asked and shot a glare to Max who had set one off at the beginning of the lesson. She was not impressed to say the least.

"It doesn't."

"Great. Would you like to introduce it before you show it?" Mrs Fallon suggested.

"Um. In simple terms, God made us and I made this. I think that the process is beautiful because it makes me feel a sense of accomplishment seeing it develop and I think it looks pretty," Aurora uttered.

She took the cloth away to reveal two white saucers with gold circling the rim and emerald green triangles spaced millimetres apart with a shine to the object. The two teacups sat on top and shone in the light. The gold detail weaved throughout the lip of the cups. There was not a fault to find. Mrs Fallon had never seen a teapot so beautiful, the shape, the glaze, it was all perfect.

"Do you like it?" Aurora asked and Mrs Fallon looked at her with shock.

"You don't think this is good?"

"It doesn't matter what I think. You're marking it."

"Aurora, I've never seen a student produce a piece of pottery as good as this and it shocks me that you need me to tell you how beautiful it is for you to believe it. It's wonderful!" She exclaimed and Aurora relaxed.

"Thank you," Aurora smiled.

"You need to have more confidence in what you produce. This is a work of art. I'd like to put it in the charity event in January," Mrs Fallon asked with the hope that Aurora would say yes.

She nodded.

Mrs Fallon clapped her hands together, "Wonderful!" She wished her a happy Christmas and went on her way.

Aurora sat down in her seat and gave her jelly legs a rest.

"You're a work of art," she heard a whisper in her right ear and then a pair of lips were softly pressed against her cheek. She stilled and basked in the linger of his lips.