Chapter Twenty-Seven

Začít od začátku

'' Shane '' I whisper yelled, as I was still apprehensive of people seeing me with him this close. I wasn't very comfortable showing PDA.

'' Shhh,'' He pulled me carefully to the back of the house where no one could see us, before grabbing my face and kissing me slowly. I had to bite my lip to suppress a moan escaping my mouth. '' Hmm, how did you sleep? '' He pulled away from my lips and looked close up to me.

'' Could have been better '' I shrugged '' But I have coffee, it's all good ''

'' Hmm, the coffee you say '' He started to kiss my neck, I pushed him away, laughing as he kept to try and grab my body.

'' Hm humm '' I sipped once again on the coffee '' What's the plan for today? ''

'' What do you have in mind? '' He asked me, adjusting his shirt that was missing a few buttons.

'' A few things '' I shielded my eyes from the sun, as I smirked at the man '' Did Rick said anything else? ''

He scoffed.

'' Besides fooling himself and trying to fool us? ''

'' We need to give him a break, you know him better than anyone else. I think he will come around, once he sees there's no point in looking for a child that he thinks it's still alive ''

'' It's dangerous, I mean, what if we went there yesterday and that place was overrun, what then? We're putting our lives in danger for someone who is gone ''

'' I understand that Shane, but we also need to understand his point of view too. He almost lost Carl, he does want Carol to lose Sophia ''

'' Yeah, he didn't lose Carl but I could have lost you ''

'' C'mon now, let's not go back to that topic '' I caressed his arm, as we walked once again to the place he was in when I arrived. '' I'm going to see if there's anything I can do okay? ''

'' Okay, don't do any hard work .''

'' I wont '' I walked back to the group , and went to wash the mug in my hand .

'' Ashley , Shane , come here please '' I heard Rick calling me and Shane from the cars that were parked a few feet away from where we were standing now . Drying my hands on my pants, I walked up to him. Hershel , Jimmy and every other man besides Daryl we're around the cars, and even Andrea and Maggie . I tapped Crystal's shoulder as I approached them.

'' The creek flows south, past that farmhouse Daryl found. Maybe Sophia dropped the doll there, the current brought it downstream '' He showed us the map .

'' So what, you think she took this road here and then she went north? '' Shane asked, beside me.

'' Yeah. What's up that way? ''

'' A housing development. It went in maybe 10 years ago '' Jimmy answered after Rick asked him.

'' Take a run-up there after gun practice. I'll hold down the fort here but take backup. After what went down with Daryl,I don't want anyone going out alone. We stay in pairs ''

'' Ashley ? '' Shane turned towards me.

'' Seem's good '' I said, hiding a smile .

Everyone then dispersed, me Shane, and Rick stood by the car still.

''  See how they do on the range . '' Shane nodded and grabbed the binoculars from Glenn that was bringing the guns from the RV.

'' We'd like to join you for gun training today '' Beth , Maggie's younger sister approached us with Patricia beside her .