~****~

JANE 'S POV

The incessant ringing of my cellphone woke me up from a deep slumber. I was shocked to see Claudius's name flashing on the screen. I wondered what had happened for him to call at such an ungodly hour.

"Hello!"

There was a moment of silence from the other end of line. Maybe he had called up by mistake. I was about to end the call when l heard a loud and harsh breathing from the other end.

"Claudius?," l cried out in a worried voice as terrible images ran through my head.

"You knew about it , didn't you? ," he asked in a dangerously low voice.

My heart skipped a beat. He knew about Silvia's pregnancy.

"I am sorry , Claudius but it was not my position to disclose such..."

"Shut up!," he cut me in a screeching voice.

"You call yourself my friend yet you chose to hide such crucial information from me. I have always stood by you , Jane yet you were prepared to sit back and watch Silvia plan to migrate to France with my unborn baby with plans of never returning!"

A gasp escaped me . My hand flew to my mouth. I couldn't believe Silvia planned to do that. Just when l began to trust her , she went ahead and did this.

"I swear l didn't know about that. She begged me not to tell you because she wanted to do it herself. I never knew she planned on taking off to..."

The line went dead. Claudius had hung up on me. I released a long sigh and walked back to the bed feeling down. Ferracco stirred in his sleep. His sleepy eyelids flew open and he squinted his eyes at me.

"Who was that?," he asked in a groggy voice.

"It was Claudius."

"Why is he calling at such an ungodly hour," he asked with a disapproving frown.

I laid back my head on his naked chest and sighed.

"Silvia is carrying Claudius's baby."

Ferracco's eyes widened like saucers then he laughed . Really laughed! He laughed until his eyes watered. He stopped when l shot him a glare.

"Now that's interesting! The two of them are indeed a match made in hell ," he chuckled.

"Ferracco! ," l scolded him.

"Poor Claudius. I wonder how someone like him is going to handle a tigress like Silvia. Pregnant and mean!"

He dissolved into another fits of laughter.

"Don't be mean, Ferracco. Silvia is not a bad person . She is just bitter with her life , that's all!"

"When did the two of you get so friendly? Is it pregnancy hormones connecting?"

I gasped out loud and raised my head to stare at him. Amusement twinkled in his eyes.

"How did you? I mean..."

He swallowed the rest of my words with a tender kiss. So gentle and tender that it almost brought tears to my eyes. He laid his forehead on mine and his large hand covered my naked stomach.

"Thank you for making me a father again," he whispered in a gentle voice.

I threw my arms around him and hugged him closer to myself.

"We should tell Elena early in the morning . She will be over the moon to hear the news," he said and we both laughed in delight.

"I found out about it two nights ago but l was waiting for you to tell me."