"You will also met the man who is destined for you," l encouraged her.

She stared at me through a veil of tears and shook her head smiling sadly.

"It's too late for me. I don't think l will ever find someone who will love someone broken like me."

"Silvia! Don't say that. You will surely..."

She placed her hand on top of mine.

"It was nice meeting you again , Jane. Thank you for the coffee and the company. I really needed it."

She gave me her last smile and left the coffee house. I was left staring at her retreating back wondering what was wrong with her. She really was like a puzzle hard to fix.

~****~

I laid on Ferracco's naked chest drawing circles on him. My mind was miles away. I was thinking back to my encounter with Silvia that afternoon.

"Are you okay?," he asked me.

I lifted up my head to stare at him in confusion.

"I heard you went to the hospital?," he added in a low voice.

I had not told anyone of my visit to the hospital so how come Ferracco knew about it.

Could it be..?

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously.

"Are you keeping tabs on me?," l asked him with a stern voice.

He scratched his head avoiding my eyes. I gasped out and then pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Ferracco , how can you do this?," l asked him in a horrified voice.

"It's for your safety. I have many enemies out there and l only want to keep you and our daughter safe."

I sat up straight and covered my nakedness with a sheet.

"I can't believe this!"

Ferracco also sat up and leaned against the headboard.

"Don't worry about them. You won't even know they are there. They will act like shadows. Invisible and discrete," he tried to convince me.

I stared at his pouted mouth and a grin broke out of my face against my will.

"You are impossible!," l told him.

His face turned solemn.

"I can't take any risks where you and our daughter are concerned."

I leaned forward and pecked his lips. We laid back in bed. He wrapped my arms around him.

"Why did you go to the hospital alone?"

My heart skipped a beat. I wanted to scream, "l am having your baby , Ferracco!". I swallowed instead as my mind worked furiously to come up with a believable lie.

" l was having digestive problems. "

"Is it possible that you are pregnant?"

"I don't think so," l told him nervously.

He was going to spoil my surprise with his incessant questioning. Is he a detective or what! He looked down at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Shall we go for round two? Just to make sure," he drawled inching closer.

I felt my body responding to his invitation. A blush went across my cheeks. I playfully slapped his arm and shoved him away. A low laugh rumbled from him deepening my blush.

"I love the way you blush, Jane. You are turning the colour of a tomato! ," he chuckled .

"You are such a pervert , Ferracco!"

He kissed my forehead and then tapped my nose.

"Something is weighing on your mind. You look distracted," he said.

I let out a long sigh.

"I met Silvia at the hospital and she asked for my forgiveness."

Ferracco responded with a snort.

"She is up to something. You better stay away from that woman."

"She is not as bad as she portrays herself."

"Maybe l never care to find out," he said with a shrug.

We lapsed into a brief silence again.

"I think she is pregnant. She felt nauseous for a moment when the waiter brought our tea," l broke the silence.

Ferracco laughed again.

"I feel sorry for that poor sucker who fathered the child," he chuckled.

I glared at him and he stopped laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"I am only being honest. Silvia is not mother material. That child will be neglected."

"Don't you think it's too harsh to judge her."

"That's the impression she had given me all along."

"Yet you were prepared to marry her and make her the mother of your children."

A sad expression crossed his face.

"I never planned to have any children with Silvia or any other woman for that matter. She also felt the same saying that she didn't want to ruin her perfect figure by popping out any brats of mine so we included it in our contract."

"I am still wondering why Claudius angrily dragged Silvia away from her date. Do you think the two of them are..."

Ferracco's loud laugh interrupted me.

"That's impossible. Claudius is definitely not Silvia's type. He doesn't even qualify as a flirt for her."

"Then why did it seem as if something is going on between th...."

He placed a finger over my mouth and smiled one of his smiles he used to lure me into something.

"Why are we even talking about them. We have to think about Elena. She needs a baby brother or a baby sister to play with."

I smiled at him and laid my hand on his cheek. In the moonlight , l could see the sadness swirling in the depths of his eyes.

"I need a baby , Jane," he added in a strained voice.

"Ferracco ," l whispered feeling his sadness.

I knew why he was desperate for a baby.

"I missed out on Elena's earlier childhood. I also want to be part of everything for our next baby. I want to be there when you go for your checkups. I want to hold your hand in labour. I want to hear her first cry, see her first smile , hear her first word. I even want to change the messy diapers."

"Oh Ferracco."

I hugged him tightly. I was dying to tell him of our baby but l wanted to make it memorable . He buried his face in the crook of my shoulders and mumbled.

"Shall we try again?," he whispered in a husky voice.

"Why not..."

The rest of my words were swallowed by his kiss.

A/N: What do you think?