Chapter one: The Normal

When I was a little girl I always dreamt of falling in love. I painted this vision of having a husband and many children living a life of nothing but happiness.

How wrong was I?

I was given the opposite of my dream and my perfect vision of how marriage was supposed to go went up in flames. Lucas Jones was one of the biggest mafia leaders in the world. Just like all the sons of the cartel family, his father had raised and trained him properly for this type of lifestyle. Standing in front of him you would've thought he was a character from a story. He had sandy brown hair with brown eyes that changed when the sun sat in on them. He was six foot nine and built with a few tattoos here and there. He was every girls' dream and his charms was enough to make you fall in love with him just like I did.

When I was eighteen, my parents married us together. Lucas was twenty when we got married but I was too young and naive to see through his charms all I saw was a ticket to get out here. Lucas was all about enjoying life and being the life of pary myself on the other hand was the opposite. I was quiet and shy but was raised to defend myself no matter what but many people didn't know that. Lucas and I were two weeks in when I recognized that he wasn't actually in love with me. It hit me hard only after realizing that I had given him my virginity on our wedding night. It was amazing don't get me wrong but the bastard left me high and dry once we returned. He would stay out all night and sleep all day and that was when I started following him only to break my own heart when I discovered he was cheating on me with his first love.

Adele Russo was nineteen when I first met her. She was head over heels for Lucas and explained to me that they had been together ever since she was fifthteen. I was jealous of everything she had from her blue eyes and long auburn hair down to her nice slim body and small bust size. The last piece of hope I had for my relationship with Lucas faded away when we were three years into our marriage and he proposed to Adele right in front of me. That was a different type of pain for me but it brought me to the reality of the world making me bitter for a while.

We are currently in five years of marriage and Adele is inspecting their first child. I took these last two years and worked on loving myself. I have a thick curvy figure that gave me butt out of this world and my bust was slightly big. I had cold black hair and hazel eyes that captured the hearts of many men. One man in particular had gained my attention. Dylan Ross. I met him at the bar and we hit it off pretty well so tonight he was taking me out on a date. I was nervous, having that this would be my first date in five years but I hoped that maybe just maybe I wouldn't seem like a weirdo in front of him. We had spent a lot of time on the phone and even had coffee together a few times in the morning before he went to work but rather than that we hadn't actually gone out like this before. I was putting on my heels when I heard the front door of the mansion open, making me sigh in frustration instantly. One thing I forget to say about Lucas was he was jealous, he didn't want me but he didn't want me talking to another man. I grabbed my handbag before walking downstairs only to get this weird look from him as I reached the last stair.

"Where are you going, Sofia?" Adele asked softly.

"I have a date tonight." I said as her eyes widened.

"Is he hot?" She asked.

"Yes, he is." I replied with a small smile on my face..

I looked at the clock thinking Dylan was going to be late but the doorbell rang, erasing my thought and placing a bigger smile on my face. Adele opened the door and smiled at me before saying

"Sof, your date is here."

He took my breath away the minute he stepped into the house. He was wearing a black suit that complemented everything he owned. Lucas cleared his throat before saying,