Not once or twice but for three times we were in front of the yuktha Akka for the results only to be disheartened but he never once showed his unhappiness in front of me and would always find one or another way to cheer me up as he still thinks that I was too young to carry a baby on my own.

It's been more than a year since we were trying for the pregnancy and it might not be too long for everyone but for me it was. When I didn't get pregnant in my first attempt, I started to worry whether something was wrong with me or whether I wasn't capable of becoming a mother.

Athayya and I always argue about this issue. She would always say that we shouldn't rush things. They would happen only when they were bound to happen. Maybe what she said was true, some things would only happen on their way.

After informing the news to Daksha Akka, Rishu dropped me home and left.

With every step I took into my house, I felt like walking on the clouds.

"What's the matter?" Athayya asked me while eyeing the bright smile on my face.

"Will tell you later." I patted her cheek and made my way upstairs while ascending the stairs carefully.

"Mumma!" Chinnu kept his crayons aside and trotted towards me clumsily once he noticed my presence in the room.

Grinning I kneeled up to his level and hugged him tightly as he gave me a his clueless smile.

"Chinnu, I am so happy, my baby!"

"Hwappie?"

"Yes yes. You are becoming a big brother." I exclaimed while laughing gleefully as he too started laughing along with me though he didn't understand a thing.

"Wait, let's call daddy and tell him this news."

I couldn't wait any longer to announce this news to him. I just couldn't.

Saying this, I arranged my mobile in a good angle before making a video call to him.

Dhruv's POV:

As I was in a meeting, my phone started ringing out of nowhere and my hand subconsciously shot forward to mute it but after seeing the caller ID, I smiled and gestured to them to stop the presentation.

"Let's take a break for a while."

Without waiting for their response, I hurried out and went into my office. Then I attended the video call after finding a nice spot in the room.

"Hi sweetheart, Missed me so much?" I waved my hands excitedly but my smile fell down a little when I noticed that I could only see that little tube light sitting on the coffee table, in front of the camera.

I frowned when I saw her hiding behind him.

"What's the matter with you? Why are you not showing me your face?"