Harry goes into the Maze

Sometime during the night, Barty Crouch was found in the dark forest dead. I am more on my guard, suspecting that someone will jump out and kill me at any moment in time and for my brother to then visit Professor Dumbledore with the need to speak with him about urgent matters at hand. I know that they are contemplating that they cancel the Triwizard tournament for the safety of all the students here, which makes me feel a little relieved about that news. Still, I suspect that Fudge will not allow it at all becuase then they would be giving in fear. 

Later the next day, I am walking with Harry down the halls with me in thought on what he discussed with the headmaster, "So Dumbledore has said to cast them away; in what way, Harry?" I question for him to humm on that as we are coming near the herb cupboard where all the ingredients for potions are held under lock and key from Snape, "It's a sign, Severus, you know what it means as well as I." I heard the headmaster of Drumstag talking with the potion professor. As we were walking past the door, it opened, and we saw Igor showing Severus the dark mark that was painted on his arm. 

I gulped, looking at them both. Then Professor Snape and Igor look over at us, which makes me grab my brother's arm while feeling something wrong in the pit of my stomach, "let's go", I whisper to him as Igor walks away with him, looking at us in hatred. I pull my brother behind me, trying to get away from the potion master as quickly as possible before he spots us, "Potters!" Snape demands as I stop looking up at Snape with my green eyes shining on what he wants from us this time, "What's your hurry?" he questions as I gulp in, pointing towards the hallway with Hermione and Ron waiting for us to speak with us, "Congratulations, your performance in the black lake was inspiring. Gilliweed, am I correct?" Snape asks as I go a little agape on Snape praising my brother on a performance that is new to my ears because he never did that in the past, "yes, sir." Harry answers as I watch them. 

They are so confusing in the basic ways of human interaction sometimes, which makes it hard to keep up with them, "Ingenious. A rather rare herb, gilliweed, not something found in your every day garden." Snape was explaining as I nodded on that, knowing that it is a difficult thing to find in the basic potion-making, "Nor is this, know what it is?" Snape questions, holding up a vial of Veritaserum, but before I can answer, Snape gives me a look to tell me not to say a word, which makes me shut my mouth tight as I then form it into a thin line, not liking Snape on the best days when I try to explain things, "Bubble juice sir?" Harry asks as I cough from not laughing at the joke he made, loving my brother, who is a jokester like our father and the twins. 

Snape did not seem impressed by the answer to begin explaining to my twin the details of what he was holding, "Veritaserum. Three drops of this and you-know-who himself will spill his darkest secrets. The use of this on a student is regrettably forbidden; however, should you ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice." Snape explains the details and then indicates spilling it into Harry's goblet of pumpkin juice as I frown that we have not stolen anything from him, making me glare at him, "I haven't stolen anything." Harry answers as I nod a little at Snape stating my brother stealing from Snape, which would be a death wish, "Don't lie to me." Snape hisses, coming in close and looking at us with a stink eye, "Gilliweed might be innocuous, but boomslang skin? lacewing flies? you, your sister and friends are brewing polyjuice potion and believe me, I'm going to find out why." Snape says, then slams the door closed in our faces as I look at Harry with anger at what the potion professor was implying, "he is too paranoid Harry" I whisper as we walk away from the cupboard, "he is always like that Lil's, he hates our guts well expect when you are brewing potions he tolerates you" Harry answers as I smile a little on the facts he is stating knowing it is the truth it seems that professor Snape has a personal grudge against the Potter siblings which hurts sometimes.

" Snape says, then slams the door closed in our faces as I look at Harry with anger at what the potion professor was implying, "he is too paranoid Harry" I whisper as we walk away from the cupboard, "he is always like that Lil's, he hates our guts...

The Third task has finally come as I sit with Hermione and Ron with the band in full swing; I cheer for my brother cause he could win this task as the champions come out as I chant go, go, Potter! I love that these tasks will end soon. 

We will go back to normal like before all this happened, "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position." Dumbledore was explaining to the champions as I bit my lip lightly, feeling my heart going tight on something that was not right. It must be my imagination, or I am growing paranoid, "Now as Mr Diggory..." Dumbledore was saying when the people cheered for him as I smiled a little at Cedric's fans, "and Mr Potter tied for the first position. They will be the first to enter the maze." Dumbledore explained as Gryffindor cheered for Harry, my twin brother who is brave as a lion, "Followed by Mr Krum..." Dumbledore continued when the people cheered for Krum for me to knock Hermione's shoulder on that, who rolled her eyes at me, knowing he was full of muscle and not much there in the brain, which doesn't help sometimes, "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter; if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round." Dumbledore explains as the champions gather around him. 

I sighed, looking up at the sky, breathing in the thankful air as I looked at the contestants who had finished talking with Professor Dumbledore, ready to get the cup within the maze, "Champions! Prepare yourselves." Mad-eye commands as I watch Cedric hug his father. 

Harry looks up at me, smiling, making me send one back to him, wishing him good luck in the maze. Harry then goes to stand at his entrance, making me hate the feeling deep down in my gut right now that my brother is going into that maze by himself without me, which makes the nervous flips continue over and over, "On the count of three...ONE..." Dumbledore was saying as the cannon went off. I looked at Mr Filch, who shrugged at what he did, with Dumbledore groaning about not having it on time like always, but that is always the way. 

Harry and Cedric then enter the maze through different entrances. As the maze then closes them off from us, I sit down with Hermione, her beginning to plait my hair because this is going to take a while for them to return to us. I sit there feeling quite content right now as I close my eyes in peace and then open them, watching and waiting for the return. 

Edited: 19/12/23