Chapter 19: Pick you for our very first date

Colby is setting up a date for him and Sam on the roof of their apartment. This is their spot and Colby wants this to be perfect. He sets up a blanket on the ground and strings up lights along the edge of the building. He leaves the roof to make dinner for him and Sam. He gets back and sets up the meal in the middle of the blanket surrounded by candles. He finishes and stands back to check his work. Satisfied, he texts Sam.

C: come up to the roof.

S: okay? Can I ask why?

C: I have a surprise.

S: okay, coming.

Sam walks through the door leading to the roof and his jaw drops in shock and awe. He runs to Colby and hugs him tightly.

"You did all this for me?" Sam asks.

"Of course love," Colby responds.

Sam kisses Colby and Colby kisses him back with equal enthusiasm. Sam melts into the kiss, not wanting to pull away. Colby pulls away first but Sam tries to pull him back in for another kiss. Colby chuckles and suggests eating first. Sam agrees and they sit on the blanket together. Colby dishes up the food and hands a plate to Sam.

"Did you make this?" Sam asks.

"Of course. Only the best for you," Colby responds.

Sam takes a bite and sighs in delight.

"You like it?"

Sam nods and says, "I had no idea you could cook so well."

Colby leans close to Sam and says, "Only for special occasions, like a date with you."

He smiles and we finish dinner. We lay down on the blanket and watch the sunset. We stay there until Sam starts shaking from the cold. I carry him downstairs to my apartment and lay him down on my bed. I lock the apartment and head to the roof to clean up our date. I bring the supplies and plates back to my apartment and place them in the kitchen, deciding to deal with them tomorrow besides the plates. I quickly rinse the plates and place them in the dishwasher. Then I head to my room and lay down next to Sam, wrapping my arms around him.