Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

8| Talk

Reece

It was nearly eight in the evening and I was bored out of my mind. I had been lying on the couch, shirtless. I had a mini tennis ball in my hand that I kept tossing around and Whiskey kept bringing back. 

After a while, he got tired and climbed onto my stomach, lying down. I picked him up, stretching my arms up towards the ceiling and letting him paddle around in the air like he was swimming. I brought him back down, scratching him and smothering him in kisses. 

He fell asleep on my stomach after a while and I was left with nothing to do. I couldn't for the life of me find a good movie or show to watch and I couldn't go anywhere either. I grabbed my phone from the coffee table in front of me and dialed her number. 

Indie answered pretty quickly. "Hello?" 

"Waiting for my call, were you?" 

She paused. "Oh, it's you. I was waiting for a call from my parents, actually. But you suffice. What is it?" 

"When are you coming over?" 

"Chloe isn't even home yet." 

"What?" I asked, staring at the ceiling. 

"She ended up going back to campus to grab some stuff. She'll come back and she'll be up for a while. She has a huge project on her hands, I told you." 

"Come over," I sighed. "Before she comes back. Just leave her a note or drop her a text, whatever." 

"And what am I going to tell her when I get back and she's still awake? Oh, sorry I didn't tell you but I'm screwing the person I hate the most because my ex-boyfriend is his best friend? Please," she scoffed. "Let's meet tomorrow instead." 

"No, you get here right now, Indigo Bloom Easton." 

"How the hell do you know my middle name?" 

"It's on your student ID. Hurry," I groaned, closing my eyes. 

She huffed and then there was a beat of silence. "All right, I'm coming." 

"Perfect." I hung up and then scanned the room. It was clean. And I'd cleaned my room when I came back from class too. I was scrolling through social media when the doorbell rang. I put Whiskey on the couch and then stood up, answering the door. I pulled it open, standing there, dumbfounded. "What..." I trailed off, looking at him. "What the fuck are you doing here, Landon?" 

He barged right past me and plopped down on the couch, scratching Whiskey. 

Whiskey sneezed and glared at Landon. I swear, he glared. 

Landon put him down and then turned to me as I shut the door. "He doesn't like me." 

"Hmm, neither do I." I nodded. 

He rolled his eyes. Landon thought I was funny but I was actually just really rude and he thought I was kidding. It wasn't sarcasm half the time with him. I just didn't like him and couldn't be bothered to act like I did. "Have you spoken to Indie?" 

"I told you earlier too, she and I don't talk. Why? What happened?" 

"She isn't answering my texts or calls. And I saw her at Candy's too, but she was with some guy. And they ran out when I called her name, can you believe that?" He chuckled dryly, shaking his head. 

Wait... he doesn't know it was me? With her? 

"Who was the guy?" I asked, acting curious. 

"I don't know. Didn't see his face. I think she's cheating on me." 

icon lock

Show your support for NightTime_Storiexs, and continue reading this story

by NightTime_Storiexs
@NightTime_Storiexs
When college student Indie finds out her boyfriend cheated on her, sh...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 28 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @NightTime_Storiexs.