His black shirt somehow accentuated his tattoos. The only colour on his body was the silver gun peeking through his waistband. Even at his own party, Dominic was armed.

His eyes unashamedly travelled down my body before he leaned down.

"You look so good." Dominic whispered in my ear and pulled away clearing his throat. "Let me introduce you. This is Caitlin." My name sounded strange coming from his lips.

"Aria." The woman introduced herself first and I offered my palm to her. She was beautiful. Her cheeks were littered with freckles and her head was covered in shiny natural curls. Aria surprised me by pushing my hand away and walking forward for a hug.

"Finally, I'm getting sick of these men." She said just so I could hear and I laughed out loud. I knew exactly how she felt. She let go and my eyes flicked to the tall man next to her.

"Alessandro." His name brought out the Italian accent he held. Unlike Aria, he accepted my hand for a quick shake. I smiled at him, noticing how green his eyes were.

"Carlo. It's so nice to finally meet you." The last man stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulders to lay a kiss on both cheeks. Dominic narrowed his eyes at him before protectively pulling me into his chest.

"Nice to meet you too." I replied ignoring how Dominic squeezed my waist possessively. I pressed myself closer to him as reassurance.

"Remember that restaurant I took you to? Alessandro here used to own it before moving back to Italy." Dominic said circling his thumb over the thin material of my dress. My eyebrows shot up in realisation.

"Oh. I love that place - it's definitely my favourite."

"I'm happy to know Dominic didn't completely ruin it." Alessandro said and Aria slapped him on the bicep playfully. They were one of the hottest couples I've ever seen.

"I feel so fucking single, this is not fair." Carlo scowled and downed the remnants of his clear drink. He had an accent as well with the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

"Not our fault, Carlo." Aria said. He side-glared at her and pinched his lips into a tight line.

"Where are your parents?" I asked looking at Dominic. I was nervous - beyond nervous but I swallowed it down and put a brave face on. What's the worst thing that could happen?

"They'll be here in about an hour and that's when we eat."

"Okay, good." I turned to Aria. "Do you want to go get a drink with me?" I asked and her eyes lit up excitedly before nodding. She grabbed my hand and started leading us away from the group of men and I had an idea that she was grateful for the interference.

"Bellissima, don't go far." Alessandro warned sending Aria a pointed look to which she just rolled her eyes.

"Angel, stay close." Dominic said to me with the same warning tone as Alessandro. Aria and I burst out laughing at our overly-protective men.

"Fuck this. I hate it here." Carlo grumbled and twisted his face into a frown. "I want a person too." He said under his breath and Dominic offered a sympathetic pat on the back.

"Vodka Redbull for me, please." Aria requested to the bartender and he nodded before looking at me, drying a glass with a cloth. The home was big enough to have its own personal bar in the very corner and it shouldn't have surprised me the way it did.

"Double whiskey with ice, please." I sat down on the stool and Aria followed suite, sitting down alongside me and getting comfortable.

"Thank you for that. Sandro was never going to let me go alone." She muttered and crossed her arms on the counter.