Phase Thirty-Seven: Playing House, pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Georgia."  Even though is voice was a quiet murmur, it still startled her.  Her alarmed eased away as he pulled her closer toward him, his arm tightened around her waist.  "Why are you still awake?  You need to sleep."

"I know I do."  If you only knew half of it.  "I'm trying, but I guess I'm still keyed up from earlier.  It was pretty intense, defending myself against Sophie and all."

"You don't need to worry about that," he said as he hugged her.  "You had every right to do what you did, and besides, she definitely had it coming."

George couldn't argue with him there.  "I know, but..."

"No 'buts', Georgia.  Just put it out of your mind."  She felt him smile against her neck.  "Besides, I've got your back, remember.  I won't let anything happen to you."

George could stop herself from smirking.  Hey, that's my line.  "Geez, Julian, when did you get so protective?"

She sighed as he pressed his cheek against hers.  Her body relaxed and her eyes drooped down, ready to rest.  "Since I found out that the woman I love, loves me too."

Damn it, why does he always have to say the right things at the right time?  "You keep that up, and I'll never let you leave my den."

"Promise?" It was the last thing she heard him say before the slumber overcame her.

------

The first time it happened, he blamed it on temporary insanity.

The second time it happened, it was still insanity, but not so much temporary.

The third time it happened - well hell, if it's going to be that damn good, then he might as well enjoy it.

And there were the countless times after that...Jesus, he wasn't very

Enjoy it?  Damn, this really was madness.

Liam sat on the edge of Dominic's bed, pondering it all.  In Liam's rational mind, he knew that he had his own apartment to stay in, with his own food, his own room, his own bed, and an awesome roommate that made living with a douchebag roommate much more bearable.  But with the way he lived for nearly a week now, it was getting harder and harder to remember that aspects of his individual life.  Dominic, in the span of one week, had become a big part of his life.

Liam had no idea how something so life-altering could happen so quickly, yet make so much sense.  He may have resisted in the beginning, but there was no turning back from it now.

Still, he wondered how he was going to explain this to everyone.  Julian, while he was pretty sure he wouldn't lose his friendship, wouldn't let him live it down.  His mom was pretty liberal with her fine array of "gay husbands" and even joked from time to time that he'd come out to her someday because he could never keep a girlfriend for very long.  Then there were those countless "friends" of his - yeah, that's who he'd be worried about.  He could only imagine the carnage that would occur if they ever caught wind of his relationship...

"Has any one ever told you how sexy you look when you're thinking?"  The sound of Dominic's voice gave him the shivers.  The bed dipped down as the older man sat beside him, pulling him to his arms, and Liam let himself be pulled.  "Now, I'm pretty sure you get good grades because you're smart as a whip - but I bet you get a lot of extra marks because of such sexiness."

"You're going to get a few extra marks yourself if you keep that up."  They might have been preparing to go out for the day, but Liam had a feeling he'd change is mind if this kept up.  "I'm not even joking."

"As tempting as that sounds, you're just going to have to wait.  Even newlyweds go out for at least one day.  Between working and working you, I haven't had a nice day out in a while.  I need to get some of my energy back before I lose it all over again."