The Shine Shine vs. the Pom Pom Pow

Start from the beginning

Kindness wasn't natural in demons, and demons didn't even try to be nice. They never had enough time to ever properly care for themselves, much less a lower-grade Hellhound. Dog had always been decently cared for, although his siblings had not- only four of the original eight hounds were still alive. As long as it was possible, Dog would remain with Adam.

"Yeah. Crowley goes out and shouts at the lawn for hours," added Warlock with a smile. "Crowley says that the lawn should fear him."

"Can the lawn fear a demon?" asked Adam, sounding intrigued.

"I don't really know," replied Warlock. "I would assume that it could. Crowley can be scary, when they want to be."

"Are they? I always just assumed that they were chill and laidback," commented Adam. He didn't say it in a tone that implied he didn't believe Warlock. The tone he said it in was fascinated and curious, as though he had assumed that Crowley couldn't be scary if they tried.

"Crowley can be." Warlock didn't provide any further details and Adam didn't push him.

It made Adam wonder though. Had Crowley ever... no, they wouldn't. Crowley wouldn't be mean to Warlock, right?

~

Crowley opened the door, smiling at Adam and Warlock. "Come on in. You'll have to ignore Aziraphale. He's been studying one of his books all morning and fussing over a spelling error. If he asks, just tell him it was the printing press. All it would take is a simple miracle but no. And you know- does your shirt have a duck on it Adam?"

"Yeah," said Adam, studying Crowley warily. Crowley's hair wasn't pulled up or braided, rather hanging freely in dark red curls. They were wearing a loose fitting v-neck shirt that went fairly low, which Adam suspected might have had something to do with why Aziraphale was studying his book so furiously. Crowley was also wearing his ridiculous tight black skinny jeans, which were tight enough that Adam was surprised there wasn't a rip anywhere.

"Well come on in." Crowley stepped out of the way, allowing for both of them to come in.

Warlock gave Crowley a small smile. "Can we go feed the ducks later?"

"Mhm... sure. But I'm first I need to tend to my plants. One of them has a spot on it," said Crowley. They looked disgusted at the idea of a plant having a spot.

Perhaps, Adam thought, he would feel the same if he were a demon that have lived for years upon years. He guessed that over time, he might become bothered by such trivial, petty things. Although, Adam figured he'd be more upset about other things. Crowley was hard to gage at times, like they changed their thoughts frequently. Or Adam didn't understand them well enough yet to accurately gage them.

"Okay. That remind me, Aziraphale said you can't put any more plants down the garbage disposal. He says that they are much to beautiful, and that you are much to hard on your plants. He says he really likes them."

Crowley looked like they could have cried. Were the plants something more personal than Adam thought? Obviously. "Oh. Oh, that's just... I'll be back later. Have a great time."

Warlock looked over his shoulder once Crowley went outside. "Well, that was strange."

"I agree. Perhaps they were touched that Aziraphale took an interest and had thoughts on what they did. My mom loves it when my dad talks about the newspaper. She hates the newspaper, but she likes seeing my dad smile. My dad dies the same thing with the soap show," commented Adam.

"Well, Crowley does smile a lot when Aziraphale talks. And Aziraphale sometimes blushes." Warlock headed to the back door.

He unlocked the door, the lock making a distinct clicking noise. Warlock opened the door, ignoring the squeaking noise that came from doing that.