33. The Cusp of Insanity(I)

Start from the beginning

Lee Hyunjin was clutching at his chest, he didn't seem notice this change as his heterochromatic eyes focused on the demon dogs.

He called to Minhee, "Minhee come back."

Minhee was still growling angrily at the demon dogs. If one looked closely they'd see the faint wisps of golden energy dancing around her small body.

"Minhee!" Lee Hyunjin called again, his tone was firm and harsh. Minhee stiffened for a moment, her ears flattened and she padded back to Lee Hyunjin as quickly as she could.

It seemed that Lee Hyunjins shout had caused the demon dogs to finally realise that something was wrong with their surroundings, why had everything turned black? Why were the trees withering?

Their hesitation gave Lee Hyunjin the chance to act.

Truth be told he had no idea what he was doing. He was still trying to figure out what the strange feeling was when a sudden thought came to him and he acted before he could think it over.

Lee Hyunjin couldn't fight and he was aware of that, he didn't know any other runes except the fire rune and the protection rune and the latter wasn't working on the demon dogs for some reason.

So Lee Hyunjin thought, why not just burn it all?

Lee Hyunjins hands drew a rune on the ground as quickly as possible. Then he drew another and another. He slammed the ground with his palm and a fire rune only consisted of four strokes so it never took too long. The moment he finished, dark flames shot up towards the demon dogs.

Each rune would release flames that covered at least a metres worth of ground and he'd drawn them in a line so the flames built a border that separated him from the demon dogs.

Lee Hyunjin knew that if they weren't continuously supplied with spirit or if they didn't have anything to burn then they would die out. Because the ground was damp it meant the grass wouldn't be able to support the fire so he made up his mind.

With Minhee in hand he stood up, it hurt terribly but what else could he do?

Running was his only specialty.

Lee Hyunjin limped away as fast as he could, "Minjae! Minho! Let's go!" He shouted to them. He grabbed onto the nearest vine and tugged it hard to make sure it was safe and then he swung himself and Minhee as far away as he could.

(A/N: Crap metre level: 34%)

The arm that had been bitten was very painful and so was his swollen leg, he forced himself to ignore the pain each time he landed heavily and then grabbed onto another vine to launch off.

Lee Hyunjin didn't have time to notice that one of the demon dogs, specifically the one that bit him, had suddenly collapsed and was foaming at the mouth.

The other demon dogs also didn't notice and continued to relentlessly chase after them.

(A/N: crap metre level: 55%)

Lee Hyunjin couldn't move fast enough so he couldn't lose them and they kept on his tails until at some point he grabbed onto a vine and halfway through it snapped.

Lee Hyunjin was particularly high above ground at that point, he fell, slamming into a tree branch once before hitting the ground with a frightening thud. All the while he protected Minhee.