36// don't play despacito for the father-daughter dance

Começar do início

"Eva!" Haley's squeal pierces through the air and cuts me off from responding to Victor in shock. She barrels towards me in the sand, before throwing her arms around me. "You look so good!"

"Thanks, you too." I say, my mind still reeling from what Victor had just said. 

"This is such a special day. We're officially going to be sister-in-laws!" Haley is too busy jumping up and down. "Do you have your maid of honor speech ready? Are you nervous? Do you remember the steps to the Tchaikovsky dance?"

"Slow down," I blink at her rapid fire questions. 

"She had three cups of coffee." Ethan chimes in, coming up to us. "I witnessed her chug them at the breakfast bar. Black, no creamer."

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Haley ignores Ethan's comment and instead chooses to focus on his attire. 

"Right?" I agree. 

"All of you don't know what fashion is!" Ethan attempts to argue. 

"Listen- you're the minority here, okay? And the majority rule is that your outfit is fucking heinous. You look like the spawn of two clowns who mated in a circus." Haley criticizes him. Victor chuckles besides me and heads to find his seat after a quick goodbye hug. 

"Well, you two have come a long way." Ethan observes, nudging me in the side. "Never thought I'd live to see my ugly little sister get a boyfriend."

"You just called yourself ugly. We're twins." I deadpan and shove him aside. "And you're still single, so shut up." 

"Coaches don't play!" He calls after me. I respond by flipping him off. 

I head towards the rest of the bridesmaids and take my spot besides them, aware of my mother frantically running around to make sure everyone was in their correct spot. I hadn't had a chance to see my sister earlier, since I'd woken up rather late, but I was sure she looked gorgeous. 

The officiant took his place at the altar once mostly everyone had been seated. Leo then walked up the altar next, in a traditional black and white suit. Everyone clapped as a goofy smile crossed his face. 

"Eva, Ethan." A quiet voice hisses at us.

My mom motions her pointer finger towards us, calling us over. Ethan and I give each other an odd look, then head over to her. She grabs us by the hand, pulling us a little further from our respective spots in the processional line. 

"The DJ wasn't able to make it, and we couldn't find anybody to hire on such a short notice." She whispers as to not interrupt the processional. "Please tell me one of you took a DJ class in high school."

"There's no such thing, Mom." I whisper back. 

"Leave it to me!" Ethan says excitedly. He's bouncing on the balls of his heels, face lit like a child on Christmas day. 

"I don't think that's a good idea." I say worriedly, looking at my brother. "He's probably going to play Despacito for the father-daughter dance." 

"Justin Bieber? Are you kidding me?" Ethan scoffs and crosses his arms. "I'm an old school kinda guy. More like, Black Eyed Peas, or the Strokes."

"You are not going to play Despacito for your sister's special day." My mom hisses, grabbing him by the ear. He promises he won't between his ow's from my mother's iron grip on his ear.

"Go." She finally lets go, motioning towards the speakers and soundboard. Ethan's face lights up and he skips towards the music setup. Mom gives me a look that I laugh at. I finally make my way back to my spot as the groomsmen escort the bridesmaids down the aisle. Finally, it's my turn to walk down as the maid of honor. Ethan slowly allows music to fade in, some sappy love song. I spot Victor seated at a table with my family, and he shoots me a smile.