Chapter 4: Learning

Finally finished this chapter, I hope it is more interesting, and there is finally some Klaus and Caroline interaction.

I don't own The Vampire Diaries. I only own the plot for this story.

Now to the story.

Xxx

Chapter 4: Learning

"Caroline!" A voice came through my head. "Caroline!" I stirred, and got up. And instead of finding myself in under the covers of a warm bed, I once again was in the woods. But it was in the middle of the day and Bonnie was pacing right in front of me. I got up and tried to get her attention.

"Bonnie, what's going on?" I asked her, very confused.

"Thank God. I've been trying to contact you since we cast the spell. Are you ok?" She asked looking me over to see if I had any injuries.

"Ya, I'm ok. I hit my head in the woods and then I found Ester taking care of my cuts." I told her as I lifted up the bottom of my skirt to show her a long cut on my right leg.

"So you've found them already, good." She said, "Are any of them open to trusting you yet?" She asked, as she glanced down at the watch on her wrist.

"Rebekah is, she's looking for a friend. Elijah might, but I'm not sure yet. And Henrik is." I told her.

"Oh! Henrik, that was the boy who got killed, right?" she asked excited to find out something new. I nodded once again to answer. "Ok, good. Keep an eye on him, he'll be like a 5 minute warning so to speak for when you're running low on time."

"Ok." I said waiting for any other questions.

"I won't be able to sustain this dream state for much longer so there's one more thing I need to tell you." She said.

"Yes, what is it, what's happening?" I asked her impatiently.

"You need to keep an eye out for-"

xxx

"Caroline, you need to get up. You can't sleep the day away." Rebekah called as she shook my shoulders and laughed. As I stirred and raised my head she smiled and offered a hand to help me up.

As I stood, my legs gave way, and I collapsed to the floor. The room spun around me, and my balance was obviously off. Rebekah quickly fell to her knees to help me up again.

"Are you ok?" She sounded very concerned.

"Ya, I'm ok, just lost my balance for a minute." I said as I took her hand again to stand. This time I stood successfully, and when Rebekah was sure I was ok she handed me a new dress.

"I know it's not as nice as yours but it will do." She told me, and I just smiled, and turned to change. It was a brown dress, much more authentic to the time, of course. Once I was dressed she led me down to the table once again to see a plate of eggs waiting for me, and I grinned and sat down to start eating immediately. Once I almost completely finished the meal I looked around and notice that Rebekah and I were the only ones there. I looked outside and estimated that it was about 10 in the morning.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, I thought they would all still be here.

"Out working, Elijah and Finn are out hunting, Kol and Henrik are out collecting the firewood that they should have gotten yesterday." Rebekah chuckled, "Niklaus went to run some errands, and Mother went to see her friend, Ayanna." She told me, listing off each one.

"And what is your job today?" I asked teasingly.

"Showing you the ropes of housework." She said teasingly.