"I'm going with Abigail." 

I blinked, stopping the swing. "Abigail who?" I asked. 

"From the cheer team." 

I didn't reply and waited for him to continue or hang up. Whatever he wanted to do because I didn't give one fuck. 

"I'm taking her to Candy's." 

"You're taking a cheerleader to the diner instead of taking your girlfriend to dinner on her birthday?" 

"Dude, her birthday's tomorrow; I'll take her then." 

"Why are you going with Abigail?" 

"It's a date." He chuckled. Why was I surprised? I should have known he was cheating on her. "Ay, don't tell Indie, okay?" 

"Why the fuck would I even talk to her? Indigo's just annoying." 

"Her name isn't Indigo. Why do you always call her that?" 

I rolled my eyes. That was her fucking name. It was the name she was born with, even I knew that. But her boyfriend didn't. "I'm hanging up." 

"Fine. Just don't tell her, okay?" 

"Whatever." I hung up, shoving my phone into my pocket, ripping the earphones out. "Whiskey!" I whistled once. 

He stopped running around and looked at me, his ears perking up. 

"Let's go!" 

He ran over, sitting in front of me. I hooked his leash back on and started heading back. I had about twenty minutes left now till my next class, so I'd eat a snack and then head out. When I got back to the apartment, I lay down on the couch, sighing in exhaustion. 

After practice that morning, I was exhausted. I had basketball with the team. I wasn't on the team but I ended up joining whenever they needed extra help or someone couldn't make it. 

Whiskey climbed on, laying down on top of me. 

"Don't fall asleep, I have to go in ten minutes," I said, staring at the ceiling. 

He whined, climbing up higher, licking my chin. I groaned but let him lick a little anyway. I pushed him away, letting him lay down on my stomach for a while. 

After ten minutes, I stood up, grabbed an orange to eat, and then left, kissing Whiskey goodbye. I made sure his food and water were there too. I walked back to campus and headed to the hall where my class was. The class already inside wasn't over yet, so we were all waiting outside. I leaned against the wall, scrolling through my phone. I tucked it into my pocket and was looking around when I saw Indigo walking back. 

She caught me checking her out and stopped in her tracks. She looked behind her, left and right, and confirmed that it was her I was staring at. 

God, I really hated her. Honestly, sometimes I felt bad for Landon. I mean, from what I'd seen, she was such a clingy girlfriend, she was always texting him, always calling him, always kissing him. I imagined it to be fucking annoying. 

"Should I poke those out for you?" She smiled, pointing to my eyes. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Jesus says if your eyes cause you to sin, gouge them out and throw them away." 

"Who's sinning after you?" I asked, lifting a brow at her. "Other than Landon," I mumbled under my breath, adjusting my bag on my shoulder. I was wondering if I should tell her that he was about to cancel dinner plans with her. But I was also thinking it was none of my business and if I got involved, I'd have to pick a side, I'd have to be a shoulder to cry on, and I didn't want that shit or anything to do with it. "Where's your sidekick?" I asked. 

"What is wrong with you? She's my best friend. She doesn't take this class, she's got pottery." 

"Reece!" We both looked forward as the doors to the hall opened and Jessica came out. Wait, her name was Jessica, right? 

I turned to Indigo. "That's Jessica, right?" 

She shook her head. "Jackie." 

I frowned, narrowing my eyes at her. "Are you lying to me?" 

She shook her head again. 

"Hey," Jessica or Jackie, whatever the fuck her name was, said. She walked over, linking her arm with mine. "Long time no see." 

"I saw you last weekend at the party," I cleared my throat, pulling my arm out of hers. "Jessica," I said slowly and very doubtfully. 

"Yeah?" She looked at me, grinning. 

I glared at Indigo. "You—" 

She ignored me and walked into the classroom. 

"Gotta go," I mumbled, pushing myself off the wall and walking past Jessica. I found Indigo and started walking over to sit beside her. 

She saw me and quickly put her bag on the chair to her right. I walked behind her and she put her hand on the other chair. Then I moved her bag and sat down anyway. She huffed, glaring at me. 

"Shut up," I scoffed, rolling my eyes and taking out my laptop, sliding her bag onto her table. 

She put it on the other seat and took out her laptop and a notebook. 

"So, tell me." 

"I knew you were going to talk to me," she mumbled. 

"What's your plan for tonight? Celebrating with Chlo, or are your parents coming?" 

Her jaw ticked. 

"Oh, wait, they're probably not coming, right? They never do, huh?" I chuckled, watching her. 

"Move your seat. Or I'll move mine." 

"Answer me first." I watched her while she scribbled down the date and took out the textbook. "They're not coming, are they?" I asked, my eyes scanning her face, trying to read her expression. 

She must have been upset about it. No wonder she'd been snappy since the cafe. "No. No, they're not," she sighed, leaning back in her seat and staring at the front of the room where our professor walked in. 

I watched her for a minute longer, feeling bad for her. Just a bit. Only a little bit. Only a little, I swear.