Episode 9: The Heroic Warrior vs the Dragon of Greed!

Episode 9:

Once more, morning had come to the small town of Beigoma, Japan. The small beams of sunlight poked through the blinds of Batal Hiro's bedroom. It was meant to be one of the greatest days of his life; getting to battle the legendary Free de La Hoya in an official WBBA match. His A-Ranking he achieved from beating Lukas really helped his case for battling Free. Unfortunately, Batal pulled a Batal that day, and set in motion a drastic chain of events that his friends would recount for years. Batal's snoring was interrupted by a sudden shout. Rin stood in his doorway, an extremely ticked off expression on his face. The Bellerophon blader yelled in surprise, leaping up from his bed to his left. With nothing to stop his descent, he landed on his backside with a loud grunt, groaning in pain as Rin berated him, though due to not being fully awake, his words reached deaf ears. When Batal's senses fully returned, he could see Gigi and Iki in the doorway as well, both of them having unamused expressions on their faces. 

"W-wha...?" Stifling a yawn, the Bellerophon blader looked up at Rin, his face changing into a look of confusion as Rin continued his yelling.

"YOU IDIOT! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! WAKE UP ON TIME! YOUR MATCH IS IN THIRTY MINUTES! WHY AREN'T YOU ALREADY OVER-"

"My...match...?" Immediately after the question, Rin facepalmed, Iki groaning and Gigi entering the yell-off with Rin at Batal. 

"DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT?! YOUR MATCH WITH FREE IS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE, YOU NUMBSKULL!" Batal recoiled slightly, suddenly remembering the battle that was supposed to take place today.

"OH NO! I COMPLETELY BLANKED ON IT! AHHHHH!!!!!!" With a loud yell of frustration, Batal ran down the stairs, straight past his father sitting down at the dinner table with a newspaper in his hand. Giving a confused look, the older man shrugged before going back to reading his paper, taking a sip of coffee from his coffee mug to his left. Not far behind, Rin and the other two members of the group ran after Batal, groaning in annoyance. When that kid started running, he didn't stop. At all. Giving a large grunt of frustration, the Roc blader broke into a sprint, attempting to catch up to Batal. Thank goodness the Bellerophon blader had fallen asleep in his standard clothing. Sure, his hair was incredibly messy and he hadn't had breakfast, but in Rin's eyes it was much less embarrassing than running around Beigoma in your pajamas. He heard Gigi and Iki begin to pant with exhaustion, their runs becoming sluggish jogs. Iki's inhaler could be heard puffing once as he stopped to catch his breath. Unfortunately for them all, things weren't going in their favor at all. Close by were several members of the Grant Gang in a nearby alleyway, including the head honcho himself, Lukas Grant. His defeat at the hands of Batal Hiro was the ultimate humiliation. He stared down at his hand, where Jinx Ladon lay clutched in his tight grip. A frustrated growl escaped Lukas's lips, a sea of nervous whimpers escaping his gang members. They had seen Lukas angry before, and it took A DAY for the WBBA staff to fix up everything Lukas had destroyed during his tantrum. The last thing they wanted to to was irk him. That's when Batal came running past, yelling at the top of his lungs. His yelling reached the ears of Lukas, causing him to turn with a surprised expression on his face, his gang members mimicking his expression. Surprise contorted into pure anger, the Ladon blader slamming his fist into the wall, leaving a large crack in the building, further startling the other members of the gang. Soon after, more yelling was heard as Rin ran past them, narrowly missing Lukas by not looking to his right. Iki and Gigi, however, were not as fortunate, having stopped, panting loudly, Iki much more so than his sister. Gigi had recently been growing more accustomed to the running, unlike her brother, who's asthma held him back. It still didn't save them from their unfortunate "pit stop" in front of the alleyway. The sound of knuckles cracking rang out as the members of the Gang glared at them, Lukas's eye twitching from seeing the friends of the one he hated most. Iki chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his sweaty head sheepishly.