Episode 6: Combatting the Cheater! Training from the Master of Storms!

Episode 6:

"TAKE THEM DOWN! ROC!" Bellerophon and Roc slammed into each other, the attack and defense type beys kicking up a bunch of sparks as they collided towards the edge of the stadium's slope. Bellerophon was sent flying after a brief struggle, Batal gasping in alarm as his bey got sent over his shoulder, hitting the ground behind him. Rin growled in frustration from across.

"You're not focused, Batal! If you're gonna beat Lukas you have to get out of your own head! Now again!" They had been going like this for hours. A day had passed since Batal and Lukas's original confrontation, and both Batal and Rin had been training without falter. They had been nearly evenly split in terms of a win-loss ratio, with Rin having the advantage. Batal's thoughts raced. This upcoming battle was everything to him. If he lost here-

'No!' The word echoed throughout the Bellerophon Blader's head. He couldn't let himself lose, for Rin's sake, for his sake, and for every blader in Beigoma's sake. Despite all his training, he still couldn't find a way to counter Lukas's tactics! 'What if he does the blinding launch again?! Or what if he finds some other way to make Bellerophon and I lose?!' From afar, Rin's expression softened slightly. His face took on a worried expression. 

"Kid, we can take a break if you need-"

"No! I'm not resting until I stop Lukas! This battle means everything to me, and I'm not just going to "relax" and let Lukas continue terrorizing Beigoma!!!" A low growl of frustration rose in Rin's throat, his worried expression remaining on his face. He never knew that Batal could be like this. The klutz was more determined that he thought, and he already knew Batal's infamy for being incredibly stubborn. 

"All right then! Lets keep going then! I wanna beat him as much as you do, but you've gotta knock him down a couple pegs first! Bring it on, Batal!" Not far off, Gigi and Iki both watched, worried expressions on their faces, their eyes darting to and fro from the two bladers and Iki's tablet. The screen portrayed a news article that had been pulled up on the Beytube website. Lukas had publicly announced the battle to WBBA insiders the day before, and in no time flat it was all over the news. Almost as if it had been set in stone would a ping popped down from the top of the screen.

"Uhhhh, guys, you need to see this!" Right before launching, Batal and Rin both gave confused looks to Iki, a "Huh?" coming from each of them. They walked over and behind Iki, watching as a video of Lukas was clicked on by the owner of the tablet. Batal growled in anger as the video loaded. What was Lukas up to this time? At last the video began, revealing Lukas Grant in all of his "glory." From what could be inferred he was in the middle of an interview with WBBA reporters.

"Mr. Grant, from what I heard, you, an A Rank blader, have challenged an unknown blader to an official WBBA approved battle to decide a possible surge in the rankings. Tell us, Mr. Grant, why is it that you have done this?" It was apparent that Lukas was not paying attention. His bling clacked against each other as he shifted, putting his feet on the table in front of him. Disrespect for the WBBA members whom had worked so hard to get the interview set up was apparent. It disgusted everyone who was watching. What truly surprised, them, however, was the mention of Lukas's rank.

"Lukas Grant is A-Rank?" Gigi's tone was one of curiosity and surprise. To think a cheating lunatic like Lukas Grant had made it up this far in the rankings was quite disturbing, and showed several key flaws in the WBBA's anti cheating protocols. It was either that, or the Ladon blader may or may not have some actual skill underneath his slimy cheating hide. The revelation that the Ladon blader was A-Rank meant that this battle was going to be far more interesting than the others had thought. If Batal won, Lukas would drop down a rank, and Batal would take his 130 overall rank. If he lost, though...