Chapter 2, Orario and Reunion?

The day they arrived at Orario, Bell proposed that they should get a job first before becoming adventurer, Bell said he would work at the guild to gather more information before deciding which familia to join.

"But what should we do with our living place?" Fia said with a worried tone. As royalty, it never occurred to her minds that she would sleep in the slums.

"That old-geezer took almost all the money and ran away," Alaia said with a displeased tone as her eyebrow furrowed.

Dear Alaia, could you at least open your eyes when talking? Is what appeared on Bell and Fia's mind when they looked at Alaia, but they didn't let their mouth execute it.

It was a strange phenomenon just like Alfia, both of them right now speak and walk without opening their eyes, but she never bumped into them or do anything as if she knew the layout of the streets. Zeus labelled Alaia as chuunibyou which nobody in that house seems to understand what did it means.

"For now let's-"

Before Bell could finish his word, his mouth stopped, his rubellite eyes widened as if he saw something that he couldn't believe.

A bit far ahead from their location, a girl wearing silverplate armor was walking towards them.

She had long golden hair and a pair of golden eyes but, somehow the current Ais doesn't match with the Ais that's in Bell's memories. As if something was missing, As Bell peered carefully, then he realized that the current Ais doesn't have any emotion on her face. She was just like a doll. The Ais that Bell known is a little girl full of emotion, sometimes laugh, sometimes crying, would sometimes pout cutely in front of him when he teases her.

But the current Ais, Is just fundamentally different. Somehow when Bell saw that, anxiety ran through his heart, as if there's a blade stabbing his heart. He gripped his chest to ease the pain while looking crestfallen.

Then Alaia pulled his hand to the alley.

"What's wrong?" Asked Bell

"That should be my question, What's wrong with the two of you?"

Bell then exchange a glance with Fia and both of them nodded.

"Is that really Ais, Bell?" Asked Fia with a sad tone, her face was also crestfallen

Fia couldn't believe that Ais, that would ask her to play with her every time Bell is studying and cheerful all the time had turned  into an emotionless doll.

"...You two know that person?" Alaia who caught what's going on looked at the golden-haired girl that stopped in front of a stall and ordered something.

"That's impossible, you two lived around 1000 years ago."

"That's true... Fia, it might be her descendant, there's no way Ais could survive that long."

Bell tried to set his logic straight as he nodded to Alaia's logical point.

But somewhere deep his heart was happy before when he saw someone he knew still lives today. He tried to keep the words in his mind from reaching his mouth, but then Fia opens her mouth.

"Its... kinda lonely..." Fia said with a low tone as she looks down.

What's on his mind were said by his little sister. Just when he thought he could see someone he knew, his hope got dusted real quick Bell sighed and peeked again at Ais that's holding a potato-like food now in her right hand.

"At least, she found another man, I guess..."

Bell let out a lonely smile as he tried to suppress the throbbing pain in his chest.