Chapter 1 A Brief Salvation

It was a few months after Bell and Fia came to this age, they were really devastated. Especially Bell who kept blaming himself for being weak and failed to protect his kingdom, more so unable to protect his father and mother. Fia, who saw Bell keep training, hunting monsters while crying with hollow eyes, broke her heart. She strongly wished that if only she had more power at that time. Both were so hollow that even Zeus and Alaia didn't know what to do. Zeus would read Hero's story for Bell. Which was the only salvation for Bell. A story where a hero, unlike him, were able to save their hometown, and protect their loved ones, a fairy tale that this boy can only dream about.

Fia would sometimes join them and sleep on Bell's lap while listening to Zeus.

One day, they got a visitor in front of the door. Zeus were shocked when he saw who's the visitor was. It was Alfia and Zard The executive of Hera familia and Zard, the executive of Zeus familia. They came with the intent of looking at Alaia one time before they left. But then the appearance of Bell and Fia shocked them.

"Who are them?" Asked Alfia

"I don't remember seeing those kids before," Said Zard while inspecting them, his forehead furrowed when they saw their expression, hollow eyes that you wouldn't expect to see from a kid, he starts to wonder what the hell happened to both of them.

"Uhh.. this is a long story. Maybe you guys can come in first, bet you would like it." Zeus prepared two extra chairs for both of them.

"Make it fast," Said Alfia as she quickly sat on the chair.

Then Bell and Fia sitting in front of Zard and Alfia with Alaia in Alfia's lap.

Alfia was against it at first, but then Alaia's crying sealed her way out. Forcing her to lift Alaia to her lap and made Alaia instantly behave herself while playing with Alfia's hair in silence.

Alfia was mildly embarrassed by this but she chose to focus on matters right now.

Zard chuckled when he saw Alfia's situation, but Alfia quickly glared at him which made Zard instantly look away in fear.

It's okay, it's okay, she won't blow me away in front of these kids, won't she? Thought him in horror.

"So, old man, who are these two? I hope it's not the work of some stupid guy in our familia against Hera familia, aren't they?" Asked Zard in hope of shifting the mood.

"Hahaha... Relax, I don't want to get my ass kicked again by Hera. This is Bell and Fia."

"Hello..."

"Hello..."

Both of them replied without saying much, even their tone seemed dead.

"Zeus... what in the hell did you get yourself into again right now?" Asked Zard with a headache as he couldn't handle what he just saw.

Alfia didn't say anything and just looked at them both. She knew the expression of these two kids too well. That is the expression of despair, hopelessness, and emptiness, the same face that she made when she lost everything including her sister.

"I found both of them, suddenly appearing in this house, bathed in a sphere of lighting."

"What does that mean?" Asked Zard confused while taking a glance at the two of them.

"1300 Years ago, I gave a present, for a mortal who showed this world hope, that this world can fight, the same mortal that made my blood boiling"

"It was a protection arcana, that in case his life or someone he held dear, he can use it to grant them absolute protection against everything.

Zard gasped in awe, while Alfia opened her eyes in shock knowing who the person that Zeus was talking about. Zeus grinned in response when he saw their reaction.