Chapter 17

Around 2 pm,

Nandini was resting; Manik was sitting with his laptop beside her; Navya insisted on helping to prepare lunch; Kabir, Manish and Raj were still at work; Alia, Mukti, Abhimanyu and Dhruv were busy studying as their exams were to start coming Monday.

Nandini woke up....

Nandini - (saw Manik) What are you doing here?

Manik - (came to Nandini and poured her a glass of water) So.., how are you feeling now?

Nandini - A bit better. (blinked)

Manik - So..., how will this bit will become a lot? hmm?

Nandini - mmm.... Give me a hug and it will become a lot... lot... lot better.

Manik smiled and hugged Nandini.

Nandini - What do we have for lunch?

Manik - Vegetable soup for us and.... (after thinking hard) Don't know about others!

Nandini - (held Manik's hand) Why do you eat the same as me? Why punish yourself?

Manik - (held Nandini's other hand) Who says it's a punishment and also to accompany you in anything is not a punishment! Silly! (pulled her cheeks) Come.., it's almost lunchtime. Let's go!

Nandini - Okay.

Manik helped Nandini to go out and they sat in the dining, their soup was ready while others were just left to bring out. Navya called them all. They all were sitting at dining.

Kabir came...

Navya - Kabir! (rushed to him and smiled while Kabir didn't respond)

Kabir - (to a helper, handing a file) Keep this in my study! (to Navya) I will go and get changed. (went upstairs to his room)

Navya - Ka..... (she got tensed then loudly) Lunch is ready! Come fast! (she got upset)

Everyone was surprised to see Kabir in such a mood. It was their first time to see him like this.

Nandini - (to Manik) What's wrong with him?

Manik - Maybe..... he lost the deal....

Nandini - No! He never behaves like this whenever he loses a deal. (after deep thought) There can be two possibilities only. First, he is acting... second, there's something else eating him up. Wait, lemme go check. (getting up)

Manik - (held her hand) But you....

Nandini - Don't worry. I am all fine. (she went upstairs and knocked at Kabir's door) (no response) (knocked again still no response) Kabir...., it's me, Nandini!

Kabir - Come in. (opened the door)

Nandini - (went in) What's the matter?

Kabir - What matter? (coldly)

Nandini - What's with your behaviour? (started at him for minutes) Come on, K.D bro! Do you really think you can act in front of me? huh? Stop this before I hit you! (showing punch)

Kabir - (sighed) How can you get if I am putting an act or not? You always catch me.

Nandini - Mr. Kabir Dhawan, I am your sister. Come, let's go.

Nandini and Kabir went down. Nandini winked at Manik and no one noticed and Manik winked back. They were standing near the dining. Navya brought a glass of water for Kabir.