Chapter 16

<Diego's P.O.V>

I have a crush on my cousin.

Yes, I know. I can't believe it either.

But it's true. I'm in love with Dora.

My name is Diego. I used to live in Mexico with my parents but then they adopted a second child and kicked me out, so I went to my aunt's house in Florida. Now I live here in the USA while most of my family believes me to still be in Mexico. It's a good thing that my aunt is on a two month vacation, leaving me, an underage child, alone with the house.

What? I don't need anyone to look after me! I mean, I'm seven years old!

Right now I'm sitting on the couch as I watch Catdog on TV. It's a very scientifically accurate show.

Well, actually, the TV is on but I'm not watching it. I'm staring into space, thinking about my life and how much I love Dora. Yes, my cousin. Why does she have to be my cousin? She's also betrothed to this stoner named Rico. Seriously, he smokes like 50 packs of crack a day. I'll make a better husband for Dora!

Suddenly, 'Sugar' by Maroon 5 starts playing and I check my phone.

"Holy shit, it's Dora!" I exclaim to nobody. How can I talk to her?! How can I stay calm?! The phone continues to ring.

Fuck it. I'll just have to answer.

Grabbing the remote in my hands, I switch the TV off. Then I pick up my phone on its fourth ring. "Yo wassup my favourite cousin! Hit me up! Where you at?" I try to sound like a cool guy, but Dora really messes me up.

"Diego!" Her voice sounds like a beautiful melody, as usual, but it is laced with anxiety. "I'm coming to visit you in Mexico. I'm at the airport right now."

"Excuse me, what the fuck?" I say. Does she still think that I live in Mexico? That ain't good.

"I'm sorry if it's a bad time but I'M having a bad time and I need you, Diego. My parents fucking dropped me like a basketball," she tells me.

She needs me?

Oh, shit.

She NEEDS me.

She needs ME.

Yes!

This is my chance.

Wait, did she just say that her parents dropped her?

Strange. I always thought that I was the one who had been dropped on the head as a baby.... Not Dora.... "Are you okay, Dora? What do you mean when you said that your parents 'dropped' you?" I ask. Crap. That sounded way too affectionate.

"It doesn't matter! I'll explain everything once I get there." Dora says firmly.

"But, wait, I don't live in—" I attempt to explain, but the phone line goes dead.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now???

I quickly grab my orange bag from my room and shove random stuff into it, like my old Nintendo DS that I haven't used since 2007. R.I.P my Nintendogs. :(

What I need to do is stop Dora from boarding that plane. Then maybe I can tell her how I feel.

Everything will be worth it when she's finally mine...

hey......

I just wanted to say.......

SWEET HOME ALABAMA