Alliance

"Perhaps that is where our choice lies -- in determining how we will meet the inevitable end of things, and how we will greet each new beginning."

Elana K. Arnold,

Beneath the Atlantic Ocean the war for Atlantis raged, as Arthur Curry led the creatures of the deep against his brother Orm and his Atlantean troops. This battle had consequences neither man could see, as they gained attention from the world outside the waves. Throughout the world, seismographs started to go wild, indicating a huge underwater explosion and earthquake, one of which belonged to Bruce Wayne.

>>>

Bruce and Clark were working on one of the many tractors in the large barn located behind the house, when Clark looked over at him and smiled, "Diana's here."

At the same moment an alert sounded on Bruce's phone, and he looked down. "Is Kara with her?"

"No, she's alone and from the sound of it, and she's about to land," Clark answered, his eyes falling to Bruce's phone. "Something wrong?"

Blowing out a deep breath, Bruce nodded, "a huge seismic event in the Atlantic, and my satellites are picking up a massive amount of underwater traffic in the same area."

"Arthur?" Clark frowned, "Do we need to head that way?"

Bruce nodded, "I think we do."

Placing his hand on Bruce's shoulder, Clark calmly said, "call Vic, we will go as a team, together, okay?"

Bruce nodded again, and pulled out his cellphone, tapping the app that the Cyborg had set up on his phone, "Hello Victor, I need you and the Flying Fox in Smallville." He paused as Victor asked a question, then answered, "we are headed to the Atlantic, a few hundred miles from the Azores." He shook his head, "you have two." Then he disconnected the call.

"Two hours? We'd better talk to Diana," Clark cocked his head towards the door.

>>>

Diana set down just behind the house in Smallville, her boots touching down gently in the soft tilled soil of Martha's fenced garden. She was greeted by the astonished faces of Eliza, Lois and Martha who were sitting around a small table enjoying one another's company and sipping fresh lemonade. "Diana?" Lois asked, as she stepped down into the yard, having been the first to recover from the princess' arrival.

"Hello, Lois," Diana beamed, her eyes falling to the small bulge under the other woman's loose fitting shirt. "How are you feeling?" Then, as if she couldn't resist, her hand fell to the bump, bringing a small smile to her lips. "It's so amazing..." Her eyes glazed over just a bit, as the sound of the baby's fast heartbeat reached her ears.

Lois grinned at the look on Diana's face, "you can hear her too, can't you?" Diana's eyes snapped open and she was about to drop her hand when Lois stopped her. "It's okay, really, Clark is the same way. Hope reacts to his touch just like yours--and she's so active."

"Hope?" Diana asked, feeling the movement beneath her fingers.

"Martha Hope Kent," Lois grinned. "He may not want to know alot about Krypton, but he does recognize the importance of her birth, and he is honoring his family with the name."

"Kara will be very excited to hear that," Diana responded with a smile. She turned her head as the barn door opened, a friendly smile coming to her face as Bruce and Clark made their way towards the four women. She frowned when her eyes met Bruce's eyes, "Trouble?"

Bruce nodded solemnly, "Sorry, I know you just got here, but something is going on in the Atlantic?"

"Arthur?" Diana asked, then smiled despite the worried look on Bruce's face, "Kara was with him."