Ch. 34: The Time Between Us

Start from the beginning

"How'd they even find us? This throws the whole plan off! Get everyone prepared to attack and ready the cannons-- I'll tell Kurogiri to bring the wench up. Maybe if we threaten her life, make her scream and squirm a bit, they'll be willing to play be our here rules," Tomura let out a quiet cackle at the end which disgusted me. I would not let them use me as bait again. I knew that if my life was on the line, Katsuki wouldn't hesitate to put his own life on the line-- I knew this because I was the exact same way. I had to make sure I didn't let myself fall into a position where Tomura could use me as a form of blackmail. 

Tomura began walking in my direction, so I looked down and got on the move. I passed him without him even noticing and walked back towards his quarters. I made sure no one was looking and tried the handle. It's locked, of course. I sighed at my predicament, but I knew better than to assume everything would go my way. Breaking down the door most definitely wasn't an option because there were way too many people around and I would be killed on sight. I decided to get out of plain sight and made my way towards a relatively empty section of the ship. Now I could only hope that help was on the way.

Bakugo's POV

Today was the day. The our ship grew within boarding distance of the League and I watched as Sero prepared tape more in a swinging rope style instead of a bridge in order to prevent the League from easily boarding our ship. I walked towards the edge of the ship and met with the two Justicia member that would be going on board the League with Kirishima and I. To my dismay, Captain Valentina had chosen stupid Deku to come with us. One of the things I began thinking of a lot when (Y/n) was gone was our conversation in the crow's nest regarding my relationship with Midoriya. Wanting to do anything that might make her happy (even if she was so far away), I decided to confront Midoriya about our past and how I had treated him. Per usual, (Y/n) was right and Midoriya harbored no hard feelings towards me, which honestly irked me a bit. He went on and on about how he always looked up to my strength and blah, blah, blah. Now I don't hate the guy, I just find him so annoying. The man never gets irritated! 

I approached my three companions and then looked up at Sero, confirming that we were ready. A lot of the people who were around me during this time that (Y/n) was away pitied me and were always telling me how sorry they were. Frankly, it was a bit annoying but I knew that they meant well. Sero, however, did not speak to me on the matter. He was more focused on his work than ever before and was never seen joking around like he typically did. I could only assume that he felt guilty and thought that I was mad at him. Of course I was initially upset with him for letting (Y/n) act so irrationally, but that didn't last. When (Y/n) held me tight for that last time, I knew that she was on a mission and none of us could stand in her way. If anyone was an idiot, it was me because Sero could see her intents and trust her more easily than I could. 

Sero lowered a strand of tape for each of us and we readied to board the ship. Grabbing our piece of tape, we backed up in order to get a running start.

"You ready to get your girl back, Captain Bakugo?" Valentina asked with a smile, but I could tell that she was just as concerned for (Y/n)'s well-being as I was.

"What kind of lousy question is that?" I scoffed, focusing my gaze on the dreaded League ship.

"(Y/n)'s a strong girl! I'm sure she's holding her own just fine!" Deku chimed in all too cheerfully. 

"Who on Earth do you think you are having the right to call her by her first name?" I snapped, Deku immediately falling into a stammering mess.

"W-w-well I know Captain Valentina doesn't like her surname to be used! And, and, and isn't it normal in their culture to use their first names?!" He spoke so fast I could barely process what he said.