Ch. 31: Sacrifice

(Y/n)'s POV

"A-All for One? I thought... I thought he was just a legend!" I gasped, unable to make eye-contact with Kastuki due to the massive being that blocked my path. Dahlia was gripping onto my shirt and I could feel her quaking. I was sure that she was getting tired from having to keep everyone on the League frozen for so long. I had no idea she was even capable of such a feat, and I didn't think Mateo was aware either.

"Did you think all those people were lying? No, no, I am quite real... as you can see," All for One, the infamous pirate lord snickered. His grin made me more sea-sick than the sea ever had.

"I watched you die! All Might killed you!" Katsuki cried, Kirishima just barely holding him back from diving head first into a suicide mission.

"All Might is not as strong as you all imagine he is. He is weak-- weaker than me, that is. This is the same man that quit as soon as he took a blow to the stomach. Pitiful... truly pitiful. Me, on the other hand, well I am everything a person would want to be! All powerful! Death defying! I'm practically God!" All for One cackled. Dahlia's grip on my shirt grew tighter and I began to feel the sweat from her palms soak through the cloth.

"What do you want then? You stayed away from the League, the Bakuhatsu, everything  for a reason. What does our quarrel have to do with you?" I interrupted his narcissistic anthem.

"Oh? You're a smart girl, aren't you now? You're right, I had absolutely no intention of stepping foot on this rickety boat ever again. I'm not a huge fan of the heat, I prefer the cold," He lowered his voice and the previously shaking Dahlia immediately froze.

"M-Master?" She whispered. "N-n-no... no you didn't look like that. No, no, no..." Dahlia began to panic and was shifting awfully close to the edge of the tape bridge.

"Tomura has always struggled in the department of professionalism. He yaps about his achievements so that people might praise him and boost his ego. One of my favorite treasures was sold without my permission a while ago, and I finally found it... so I'm here to reclaim it. A man as pathetic as Tomura does not deserve a vessel of such incredible power. Look at what she can do! She's a monster! Yet he restricted her to such meager projects," All for One raved while inching closer to Dahlia and I. Dahlia tried to step away, but quickly realized that she had run out of room. "Dahlia, my dear treasure, I am here to free you from the League and allow you to reach your full potential. Tomura will always be too afraid of you, but I'm not. If you step out of line, I'll just take your quirk for myself... and then dispose of you after."

"And what makes you think we'll just give her to you? Do you even know who I am? Do you know the price on my head? Look, Mr. All for Nothing, maybe that mask is impairing your vision but I'll have you know that you're clearly outnumber. You think she's a monster? Oh boy, then I must be the Devil himself. The only reason there aren't legends about me is because I don't leave people behind to tell their tales," I chuckled, lying straight through my teeth.

"Ms. (L/n) (Y/n)? Oh yes, the Governor of Maracaibo's pampered brat. I do hope you'll out up as much as a fight as your mother... you (L/n)s are always so feisty, it's truly adorable. However, I won't let you die without taking your quirk fo myself," All for One boasted, thinking bringing my mother into this would throw me off my game.

"What makes you think I'll die?" I laughed, trying to calm both Dahlia and my nerves.

"Well, you said you wouldn't just give me Dahlia, so I suppose I'll have to resort to killing you. I'm sure your father would compensate me handsomely for finally getting rid of his competition. Of course, I'd be willing to turn a blind eye if you hand over my property quietly. I never like your father, a miserable man really," All for One offered.