Ch. 26: Froppy

(Y/n)'s POV

"I certainly hope you're not here to convince me that you weren't partaking in illegal activity again, ribbit," a girl looking to be about my age said, sitting in a chair facing away from the entrance we were standing in. Her long, dark green hair reflected the light from the dozens of candles decorating the room.  A pair of rusty goggles sat atop her head and didn't move as she swiveled a teacup around on her table.

"Tsuyu, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Katsuki asked, still not entering her home but standing in the doorway.

"Tsuyu? Sorry, I'm afraid you have the wrong house. If you're looking for 'Froppy', then you've come to the right place," the alleged, "Froppy", corrected, pushing her teacup and saucer away from herself. She turned and revealed a girl who looked much younger than I expected. Her skin was perfectly clear and her prominent bottom lashes gave her a soft and adorable look, but I knew better than to make assumptions based on appearance.

"Froppy? You've abandoned your Japanese name?" Katsuki asked, stepping into the house further.

"Let's just say that there's a lot of people who know Asui Tsuyu and aren't very happy with her. A name like that stands out in this region of the world," Froppy explained, standing up and taking putting her cup in the nearby sink. "Come in, all of you. I get the feeling this is more than just a catch-up."

We all entered the quaint room, Mina and Jirou sitting at the table with Froppy and the rest of us standing around the them. I noticed that Froppy had many frog-like characteristics, which was likely why she was such a powerful force on the waters. Her home was very bare and lacked decoration, almost as if she hadn't been living here long or was planning to move.

"I'm sure you've heard about my crew and I by now, Froppy," Katsuki phrased as a statement, although it was evident that he meant it as a question.

"Ah yes, the Bakuhatsu crew. Quite a name you chose there, Captain. Anyways, yes you've caused quite the uproar among the sea-traveling communities. I believe I've heard of most of the people here, but I don't recognize the girl with the (h/c) hair."

"That's (L/n) (Y/n)," Katsuki introduced me.

"(L/n)? As in (L/n) Lisander?" Froppy let out a quick gasp at the mention of my surname. Why does every seem to know my father so well?!

"Yes, that's my father," I explained, curious as to where this was going.

"Bakugo, what in the world are you doing with that man's daughter?! You didn't kidnap her, did you? I'm sorry but I'm not getting involved if you were dumb enough to pull a stunt like that," Froppy shook her head in disappointment.

"Well, that doesn't have as simple of an answer as you might think. I met her sister after Lisander sold her as a slave to the League. Valentina, now known as the Sea Queen, warned me about Lisander and told me about (Y/n). Technically... yes I did kidnap her..." Katsuki trailed off and Froppy smacks her hand against her forehead.

"Yes, he did kidnap me, but... but it was because my father was planning having me killed the next day, so... yeah..." I murmured through my defense for Katsuki.

"Okay, so why are you here? Are you looking for a place to hide?" Froppy asked, wanting to get straight to the point.

"No, we've dealt with Lisander before and we'll deal with him again if we have to. We're here because we've had many altercations with the League," Katsuki clarified.

"Those scalawags? Well, I never got the chance to make their lives miserable before, so what can I do for you?" Froppy asked, surprisingly already on board. I had come to realize that people were more willing to get involved with pirate affairs than ones with my father because they didn't have to worry about legalities. Pirates weren't going to turn to the law because they would end up getting executed in the process.