Ch. 34: The Time Between Us

(Y/n)'s POV

Today was the day. Kurogiri and Toga were already at my door and ready for me to get dressed for the day. Toga entered my room holding a white chiffon dress that laced up like a corset in the front. It was low cut in order to better show off the ornate gold jewelry I was supposed to wear. As she turned away from me to provide some sense of privacy, I pressed my nails into my back in order to initiate the first phase of my plan. Just as I had hoped, an ominous gas began to fill the room. Toga immediately turned around and attempted to scream, but fell unconscious on the floor before making a sound. I threw the dress on top of Toga and kicked the jewelry to the side. I went to open the door, but a loud thud startled me. I noticed a shadow through the crack of the door and assumed the gas must have affected those on the outside already. I opened the door and an unconscious Kurogiri fell backwards onto my feet. I bent over and lifted him up, shoving him inside of my room with Toga and shutting the door. I needed to move quickly and find some basic underling of Tomura so I could take their outerwear and cover up my bloodstained nightgown. The gas effect was also extremely tolling on my energy so I couldn't use it much longer.

I took a right and headed towards the armory which was usually only guarded by two people and had no one inside if their wasn't a battle occurring. I spotted the guards and ducked down behind some barrels so they would not see me right away. I took a deep breath and waited for the gas to hit them. After a few seconds, I heard two people collapse one right after the other and took that as my cue to head in. Sure enough, the guards were out of commission. I walked up to one of them and took their coat, hat, belt, and cutlass. I was hoping one of them might have some sort of pistol, but alas that was not the case.

I tied up my nightgown so it was easier to move in and not so eye-catching, put on the coat and hat, and attached the cutlass at the belt I tightened around my waist. I made my gown blouse out over the belt in order to shorten the skirt of it a bit more. I tucked my braided hair up into the hat (again in order to draw less attention to myself) and went on my way, cancelling my quirk. Phase one of my plan was a success, which meant that I now needed to make my way to Tomura's quarters and use the parrot image on my thigh to mimic Kurogiri's voice.

I walked around casually, making sure not to appear suspicious, and kept my hat tilted downwards. I made my way towards the Captain's quarters and pulled out my cutlass to trigger my quirk. Right as I went to activate my quirk, I saw Tomura's door open. I stepped back and out of view, peering over some stray boxes to look at what was happening. Dabi had walked out of the cabin with Tomura and Tomura seemed to be rather distraught. He began to yell at Dabi, who's face remained unfazed, and everyone could hear.

"Well if they be so close, how come ye haven't shot 'em clear outta the waters yet?!" Tomura shouted, slashing his sword in Dabi's direction and Dabi casually shifting his weight to avoid being hit.

"I came and informed ye as soon as I heard, settle down!" Dabi rolled his eyes and looked off over the ship.

"Yer tell'n me these two ships appeared outta thin air?" Tomura asked, evidently irritated that he had no time to prep for the situation to come. When Tomura referenced two ships, i immediately thought of the Justicia and Bakuhatsu. If they were just catching up, their timing would be impeccable.

"I don't know how they went unnoticed, but seems so. The royal fleet isn't too far off either, which could be problematic or helpful to us. Depends on how close ye are with yer governor buddy," Dabi went on to explain. The royal fleet was definitely not a factor I had considered, but it seemed like that might not end up being an issue we would have to deal with today. I wasn't sure why the Royal Spanish Navy would be following us since my father was in cahoots with the League. The only possible situations I could imagine were that either my father found out the League was keeping me alive and was not happy or they all still thought I was on the Bakuhatsu and they were actually following them.