Chapter 8

TW: DRUG ABUSE

The night droned on. Eva was now cueld into the males side, she slept to peaceful, not a worry on her face, the semester was almost over and they would be able to take their relationship or hookup to a less sneaky level. 

It was 3am and he finally slipped into a shallow sleep, the girls chest rose agaisnt his sweating body. The flashbacks of Chris stood over the body seven years ago. The blood, the look on Chris's face when he knew what had happened and what might happen to him. His breathing quickened, and almost stopped. He jolted upwards, catching his breath with tears arising in his waterline.

"Hey, hey" the comforting, croaky voice softened his fears "breath Tom, youre okay" her hand rubbing his back as she spoke slowly adjusting herself so she was sat upright and her hand now resting on Toms shoulder. He looked at her and smiled, the smile was not the one she was used to, sadness and fear broke their way trhough and she noticed that.

Eva let the man calm his breathing before she asked if he was okay. "Eva, im not a good person" he held his head low but lifted his eyes momentarily looking at the girl when he had finished his sentence. She sat back and slid her hand from his shoulder and placed it on his knee to comfort him. "Neither am i Tom, who is a good person anymore, if you live in this world and you breath the same air we all do yet we dont persue action on the things that we know are happening, in hindsight, whos a good person?" she remarked trying to take his mind off of whatever he had just experienced.

"No Eva. You dont understand. I did bad things, im not a good person." His voice was harsh as he moved his leg from beneath the girls touch. His eyes welled up with tears again letting one fall from his eyes before quickly wiping it away before it beame too obvious.

 Eva looked at the man, his emotions always made him harsh and she knew he didnt mean it so she didnt take it to heart. "Tom, the past is in the past, the future is a new start" Eva tried to be helpful but Tom was not in need of philosophy type quotes thrown at him.

"The past haunts me Eva, I dont need some bullshit quotes to comfort me" Tom rose, his legs took him to the mini bar that sat on the edge of the living room as he opened the whiskey tumbler and poured himself a glass. 

"I just wanted to help." Eva uttered to Tom not moving from where she was sat. Tom was silent his eyes closed and he pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose. "Eva I do not need your help, You're usless until youre being used!" Tom shouted, his voice was gravelly but loud. 

Eva stood up, the words of what he just said were registering with her. Her eyes glassed over and a tear or two fell, she didnt wipe them away she wanted him to see how badly those words just hurt her. "Until im being used?" She scoffed taking steps closer to the tall man, his face dropped as her lip quivered. 

"Eva doll I didnt mean it" his hand went to reach out to hold her face and wipe her tears away and tell her everything, but before he could the girl stepped back. "No, its fine, I get it Tom, I am just a doll to you arent ? Fucking sicko."  Her voice trembled as she voiced her pain to Tom and she turned around grabbing her stuff from around the house and leaving without saying a word. 

Tom slumped back on the couch, drink still in hand. His thoughts clouded over with the two incidents that were now tearing away at him. The anniversary of his friend accidentlly murdering someone and the person who he really wanted and needed not even sexually just company now hating him.

 "fucking sicko" he let out a small chuckle as he repeated her words, his head thrown back on the sofa. She wasn't wrong, he helped cover up for his best friend but who wouldnt do that but now he was just a professor . 

A week went by. The girl didnt text him or call him as his many texts asked her to do so. Instead he sent Eva into a spiral and he didnt know it yet. 3 years of sobriety wasted on him. Not that he was worth it to her but here she was, sat on her bathroom floor with the remnants of the white powder trailed against the sink countertop and blood smeared from her nose on her cupids bow. The last time she was in this state was when her ex boyfriend cheated on her and completley manipulated her until she was sure it was her fault. 

It wasnt toms fault that he repeated what her Ex had said to her, how she was useless but it weighed her mind and she needed a high. Its all she wanted.

Rapid pounding broke her comedown of the cold tiles against her back. She slinked to her feet, and opened the door. "Oh get a life" she rolled her eyes as Tom was stood at her apartment door  looking well kept but also a mess at the same time. He made his way in as the girl didnt say a word. 

"What the fuck is that" Tom questioned at the blood from her nose, dried against her lips, his tone was soft but also worried. "Eva." He spoke again as the girl leant against the wall chewing on her lip. "Nothing. Not that you care, im just useless arent I Tom" she sneered with hurt as she spoke the words back to him. 

He knew what she had done. He had a life once and he was loaded, what do you expect from a wealthy party animal. But he never thought that she would do it.

 "Eva, I didnt mean it. I promise doll, I was angry I should never take my anger out on you. But this? This isnt what you want to be doing darling" Eva looked at him as the words left him mouth, he meant it, his eyes didnt leave hers, he wanted her to know she wasnt alone. She slid down the wall slowly and met the floor once more this time she just cried. 

Tom took two fast strides over and held the girl in his arms as he sat on the floor himself, reassuring her telling her that hes there even if she hates him at the moment. She told him what he said and why she did it, how this was her not being a good person and how she cant help it and its how she copes. It made his heart drop to his stomach knowing that such a happy, joyful and caring girl can endure so much pain and struggle. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1216 words) IM BACK AND BETTER !!! I put so much thought into this Chapter so i hopw you enjoyed it even though its short :) Let me know what you think