"Sawney and Bean!", one of them called out.

'Huh?'

"Sawney and Bean", they said again, this time clear enough for you to recognize the voice.

"Hange! Moblit!", you exclaimed, quickly getting up from the ground. They both removed the hoods from their heads, revealing their smiling faces. You ran over to them and pulled them into a hug. The others had revealed themselves from their hiding spots as well, everyone happy to see those two familiar faces.

"You like the code word? I thought of it myself!", Hange asked you eagerly. You giggled.

"Yeah, it definitely couldn't be anyone other than you that would say that, so it works perfectly"

"We have quite a lot of news for you guys!", Hange announced once you let go of the two. You noticed a folded paper in her hand. "Best sit down for this".

~

"And there you have it. The coup d'état was successful". You were all huddled up around Levi as you read the content of the newspaper Hange brought. While you all had been out here looking for Eren and Historia, the military had overthrown the government.

"Premiere Zachary has control of the Capital and administrative district. For the time being, the nobility hasn't rebelled", Hange further informed you.

"What about the Reeves incident?", Armin suddenly remembered.

'That's true. His death is the reason why the eight of us specifically are being persecuted'

"We got a confession that proved the charges unfounded. Dimo's son, Flegel, really pulled through big time", Hange answered with a proud expression. She motioned for the newspaper in Levi's hands. "Just like it's written right there, it shows the charges were bogus, that they abused their power, and that King Fritz was a total fake. All our actions were justified as self-defence". You eyes widened as you looked over at Marco, who was standing beside Jean and Connie across from you. He met your gaze with the same expression of wonder.

"Does this mean...", you started saying and looked over at Hange again, your heart pounding by this intense feeling of hope you felt.

"Yes. We're free people now". She needed not say anything else. You and your friends all looked at each other the same way you and Marco had a second ago. This was almost to good to be true. The awestruck expressions slowly turned into wide grins as it dawned on you one after the other.

"YES!", you all simultaneously screamed in total bliss. Connie and Armin started jumping around making victory poses, while Marco and Jean embraced each other in a tight hug. You and Sasha trapped Mikasa in between yourselves, jumping and laughing while she struggled to stay upright.

"It's about time something good finally happened!", Marco exclaimed.

"You hear that Mikasa?! We're free!", you and Sasha cheered, trying to hype her up. She's not one for frequent physical touching, like hugs and such. It's usually something she saves for 'special situations' or just whenever she feels like it, which is fair. She has only cuddled up with you and Sasha in bed around twice in the course of the last four years, but that doesn't mean she doesn't care for you and Sasha the same way the two of you do, she just has another way of showing her love.

However, right now, she needed a little push, and you and Sasha was going to give it to her. You didn't stop hyping her up until the faintest smile appeared on her lips.

'That's better'

The celebration was still at it's peak and you let go of them to run over to Jean and Marco, giving levi the quickest little hug on the way there, not wanting to make him uncomfortable in front of the rest. He tensed up a bit, but didn't stop you.